Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Davis Doesn't Get Credit He Deserves, But P4P Lists Don't Make You Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Davis Doesn't Get Credit He Deserves, But P4P Lists Don't Make You Money

Gervonta Davis recently said that the boxing world is sleeping on him and that "they woke up a beast" for his fight against Rolando Romero on Saturday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Showtime pay-per-view.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Except the best fighters tend to be the ones with belts , maybe if Tank beat ONE elite fighter he'd be higher on P4P lists . I'm 100% sure if he beat Kambosos for example he'd be in many peoples top 5

Comment

credit for what?

Comment

Interesting how everyone has a different take on what makes the best fighter. I think most of the boxing fans will be in agreement that it is someone who fought quality of opposition, won all or at least majority of fights and basically proved that he can hang with everyone in the ring.

But from Ellerbe, it seems that best correlates with the "biggest name" and "putting asses in seats". And that is where we disagree.

Having a belt doesn't necessarily mean to be the best, but it usually means that beltholder at least fought someone, who was perceived as one of the top in the division. And I think it applies to divisions Tank is fighting in.

Comment

Ellerbes DSL's are workin overtime. Davis gets credit for his win and ony championship belt when he beat Pedraza. Since then, its 2ndary titles and fights vs who again?

Miss me with LSC as his best days were at SFW

Comment

who has he beat?

Comment

“Willing to fight anybody” who has that coveted Hispanic last name and doesn’t pose a threat to that 0! It would appear Pbc doesn’t have ANY non-Hispanics B-level fighters in their entire 130-140 stable for Davis to fight.

Comment

It obviously bothers Ellerbe, or he wouldn’t mention it and take the time to speak of it. It sure meant alot to Floyd

Comment

Casuals don't care about P4P lists. They hate being fed mismatches.

Comment

He's fighting Rolly Romero and winning him wont get him higher on anyones p4p list

Comment

Working...
                    X