Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spike O'Sullivan Receives Advice From Saunders on How To Deal With Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spike O'Sullivan Receives Advice From Saunders on How To Deal With Lara

Middleweight contender Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan has apparently received words of advice for his upcoming fight, from former two division world champion Billy Joe Saunders.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Out-boxer vs out-boxer. Lara was clearly better out-boxer prime vs prime but he is 39. I expect a close decision in a boring fight.

Comment

Thinking your experience with Saunders translates to fighting Lara is like someone buying a Rolex on canal street and thinking it’s the same as the one you’d get at the official Rolex store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Thinking your experience with Saunders translates to fighting Lara is like someone buying a Rolex on canal street and thinking it’s the same as the one you’d get at the official Rolex store.
        Nah Saunders is a good fighter for all his problems and who he is outside the ring the guy can box and knows what he's doing in the ring. Him vs lara at 160 would be a very technical fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Nah Saunders is a good fighter for all his problems and who he is outside the ring the guy can box and knows what he's doing in the ring. Him vs lara at 160 would be a very technical fight
          I don’t think he’s a bad boxer at all, but he’s also not a dedicated one and hasn’t seemed to ever take the sport seriously. By contrast, Lara has been fighting at the elite level for over a decade and has yet to really lose a convincing decision.

Comment

Damn, Spike O Sullivan V Canelo in december confirmed.

Comment

lara by brutal ko early

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                I don’t think he’s a bad boxer at all, but he’s also not a dedicated one and hasn’t seemed to ever take the sport seriously. By contrast, Lara has been fighting at the elite level for over a decade and has yet to really lose a convincing decision.
                That's a fair comment but the guy is clearly naturally talented and hes very tricky just like lara so would of been a very good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

That's a fair comment but the guy is clearly naturally talented and hes very tricky just like lara so would of been a very good fight
                  I don't know how Saunders will beat Lara. Both are out-boxers and Lara has 12 cm longer reach. Saunders has a chance if Lara chooses fighting like in his last bout, otherwise old style Lara will win by boring decision. Saunders must be aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

I don't know how Saunders will beat Lara. Both are out-boxers and Lara has 12 cm longer reach. Saunders has a chance if Lara chooses fighting like in his last bout, otherwise old style Lara will win by boring decision. Saunders must be aggressor.
                    It's not like will ever see it anyway because it's doubtful Saunders will ever come back and if he does be at 68 in a pay day fight. And Saunders out the two I'd say is more creative in the ring at his best in terms of the shots he can throw where old style lara it was all very one pace but is effective and this new style he is more aggressive but alot slower then what he use to be at 39

Comment

Working...
                    X