Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Romero on Davis Push at Weigh-In: 'Could've F----- Up the Fight, Twisted Ankle and Some ****!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Romero on Davis Push at Weigh-In: 'Could've F----- Up the Fight, Twisted Ankle and Some ****!'

Rolando "Rolly" Romero did not appreciate what he felt was a reckless move from Gervonta Davis after their weigh-in Friday afternoon in Brooklyn. Outside of the Barclays Center, the site of their 12-round WBA "World" lightweight title bout on Saturday night, both fighters moseyed up to the center of the stage to flex for the cameras, when Davis
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was nothing. He stuck his elbow in front of Davis’ face, Davis pushed it out of the way then Rollie hammed it up.
    I give him an 8 but a very low degree of difficulty

Comment

I'd rather your mouth shut with punches than a push. You were lucky he didn't push you with both hands full force, face first. I wouldn't care much if he did that. You don't get in front of a fighter and flex, it's disrespectful and distasteful, especially when you are the secondary fighter.

Errol Spence admired that baby push.
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-28-2022, 12:51 AM.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        I'd rather your mouth shut with punches than a push. You were lucky he didn't push you with both hands full force, face first. I wouldn't care much if he did that. You don't get in front of a fighter and flex, it's respectful and distasteful, especially when you are the secondary fighter.

Errol Spence admired that baby push.
        Truth be told, it could have screwed up the entire PPV. Tank talking about his daughters and family, he needs to act like a man and think before he could’ve smashed the whole event. I bet Steven Espinoza and Sam Watson were holding their damn breath, bc there would be no salvaging this PPV if they were off. That’s my 2 cents.
        Tank needs to round out his business sense!
        Last edited by NC Uppercut; 05-28-2022, 12:45 AM.
        BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post

Truth be told, it could have screwed up the entire PPV. Tank talking about his daughters and family, he needs to act like a man and think before he could’ve smashed the whole event. I bet Steven Espinoza and Sam Watson were holding their damn breath, bc there would be no salvaging this PPV if they were off. That’s my 2 cents.
          Tank needs to round out his business sense!
          I was actually surprised Gervonta restrained himself that way and was laughing about it. Boxers take that crap seriously. Don't turn your back to them flexing.

Comment

Truth if he had twisted his ankle he wouldve lost the fight anyway. You need body control in surprising situations.

Comment

One credit I'd give Rolly, he was athletic enough to handle that baby push. In the ring, where it matters, he'll learn a new lesson tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I was actually surprised Gervonta restrained himself that way and was laughing about it. Boxers take that crap seriously. Don't turn your back to them flexing.
                I think Rolly doesn’t have that bright light experience like Tank does. His learning curve started tonight!

Comment

Don't stand in front of a Tank

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    Don't stand in front of a Tank

He'll find out tomorrow.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X