Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Expects Bivol to Defend Title in Fall, Rematch with Canelo Next Spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Expects Bivol to Defend Title in Fall, Rematch with Canelo Next Spring

Dmitry Bivol will have to wait another year to swap punches with Canelo Alvarez. The Russian light heavyweight titleholder will likely defend his WBA bauble in the fall after the recent news that Alvarez decided to pivot toward a trilogy bout with Gennadiy Golovkin on September 17 on DAZN pay-per-view.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

If Hearn wants to do what’s best for Bivol, he would find a way to work with Arum on a unification fight this fall. It can be done - Hearn and Arum just worked out a Mayer-Baumgardner fight - and it would give Bivol a big payday. Nobody wants to see Bivol fight a guy who isn’t ready for a title fight (Buatsi) or someone who hasn’t done anything to deserve a title fight (Callum Smith).
    Last edited by Roj; 05-27-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Odd that this interviewer didn't bring up Gilberto Ramirez. He just happens to be the mandatory. It's a pattern now, they're ducking.

Comment

Zurdo is with DAZN and Is the WBA mandatory. Is Bivol ducking, he has September or October to do it?
        Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Hearn will give him some bum because he dont want to mess up the canelo rematch if it happens. Even though I dont think there is a big demand for the rematch it still basically sells more than anything else hearn has available in house for either guy so thats why we will get it and that is why he will match bivol with a bum this fall.

Its really bad all around for boxing now. Canelo tied up for the next year. Fighting 40 year old GGG nobody cares about that one. Bivol fighting some soft touch to ensure theres no risk. Then we get the rematch next year that nobody really wants

Comment

Arum made it clear as day that he has no interest in doing a undisputed fight next as long as bivol fights on dazn.

And bivol deserves better than butsai or callum Smith. Zurdo is the fight to make. For money and momentum. If He beats zurdo in October. Now the hype makes him the Mexican killer and top dog at 175 even without the other 3 belts.

But we all know it will he bivol vs hearn fighter we don't care about. It's the facts of life
            Hnnnggg Hnnnggg likes this.

Comment

Unless I’m totally underestimating Zurdo, I can’t see Bivol ducking him. It makes more sense that, like us, he’s waiting on Beterbiev/Smith.

Comment

I hope Bivol makes serious bank on the rematch. Nice classy guy.

Comment

Bivol beats Buatsi, Smith and Zurdo imo.

Comment

Buatsi and Callum Smith? Blah. No thanks.

I'd rather see Bivol vs Zurdo.

Comment

Working...
                    X