Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin, Shohjahon Ergashev Secure Wins on 'Detroit Brawl' Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin, Shohjahon Ergashev Secure Wins on 'Detroit Brawl' Show

#11-rated heavyweight Otto Wallin of Sweden cruised to a clear and workmanlike unanimous 10-round decision over disappointed hometown hopeful Rydell Booker tonight in the main event of Salita Promotions' Detroit Brawl event in the Lincoln Ballroom of the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center in Dearborn, Michigan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Wallin needs to just forget about Fury. He won pretty much every round against Wallin regardless of the cut. He isn’t getting a rematch. He should be focusing more on his wins over Breazeale & Kauffman. See if you can get a top 20-30 HW next. Why not look into someone like Ajagba or someone of note. He doesn’t bring much to the table so he needs to take fights with guys like Forrest, Arreola, Hammer or Wach. Howabout Pulev or Kabayel?
    BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Ok, Wallin got some rounds, but he should fight somebody top 20 next.

Comment

Booker is pretty hard to put away, he quit more than he was stopped against Hrgovic (with whom he is apparently friendly and was a former sparring partner).

Wallin is in a tough spot: good enough to be a tricky opponent, not exciting enough to generate a following or buzz, not tied to a powerful promoter.

He's from a country that doesn't have a huge boxing following and that doesn't have an immigrant diaspora around the world. If he was Irish or Polish, he'd have more opportunities.

It will be hard for him to get meaningful fights unless he just stays busy and crawls up the rankings of a sanctioning body.
        Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Ok, Wallin got some rounds, but he should fight somebody top 20 next.
          Wallin has been calling out everyone, none of the top dawgs in the division want to fight him.

Comment

If he is willing to step in on 6 weeks notice he could fight Joyce July 2. He could fight Kabayel for the EU belt if it could be made & sanctioned by EU board. He is going to have to fight second tier HWs to get in position for a bigger fight. Salita needs to cough up some $$$$ though. Give Arreola a call…

Comment

I would like to see Ortiz or Kownaki.

Comment

Doom is coming and he goes by Deontay.

Comment

Was tripping out reading the about the Ferris Dixon Jr. lol my buddy Daniel Arriaga is in prison that Daniel he fought is from Dallas or somewhere else it’s definitely not the one from San Antonio I can tell you that!

Comment

Working...
                  X