Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roger Gutierrez-Hector Garcia WBA Title Fight Set For July 10 In Caracas, Venezuela

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roger Gutierrez-Hector Garcia WBA Title Fight Set For July 10 In Caracas, Venezuela

Roger Gutierrez will enjoy regional advantage for his next title fight. The reigning WBA junior lightweight titlist will next face mandatory challenger Hector Garcia atop a show that will stream live on the WBA's YouTube channel on July 10--a Sunday--at Poliedro de Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela. The scheduled 12-round bout is part of the sanctioning body's KO Drugs festival and confirmed during a press conference held Wednesday afternoon on site.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wasn't expecting this but that's a good fight to make both punchers obviously Garcia is the more technical but fighting at home might be some motivation for Roger. Maybe the winner can fight Shakur but probably not as Arum didn't seem too interested.

Comment

As proven before, haymon doesn't mind making smaller fights with others while he prevents big fights

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
        As proven before, haymon doesn't mind making smaller fights with others while he prevents big fights
        Who are the promoters making the big cross promotion fights happen?

Comment

I gotta check out this Garcia guy again. No idea who he was but he gave a real professional effort against Colbert - maybe he was flat in the last 3rd of the fight but still all business

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Who are the promoters making the big cross promotion fights happen?
            It’s funny because if you look at all the recent big cross promotional fights like Crawford-Porter, Fury-Wilder I, II and III they all involved Haymon.
            Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

It’s funny because if you look at all the recent big cross promotional fights like Crawford-Porter, Fury-Wilder I, II and III they all involved Haymon.
              yep.

These guys don't realize that a fighter with a name's career there's been millions of dollars invested into their careers. Why a business is reluctant to send them over so someone else can profit makes no sense to them.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

And also arum

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  And also arum
                  Yeah Bob’s always shown he’s willing to work with anyone if the money is right. I’d guess he’s worked with essentially every notable promoter/manager of the last 30 years if not longer.

Comment

So the WBA is promoting this fight??

not Goldenboy??

Comment

Working...
                    X