No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Holds Serve: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Holds Serve: Weekend Afterthoughts

It's one thing to know what's coming. David Benavidez had every reason to think he was going to win, and win big, last Saturday. So did everyone who tuned in. There was also every reason it would be one of those nights where the foregone didn't have to be boring. One of the trickiest things to pull off in sports can be doing what is expected. It's easy to hear the expectations and not do the little things to meet them.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'll admit - that was my first time seeing Benavidez fight. I'm an instant convert. Lemieux may have been tailor-made for him . . . but damn! I don't see anyone beating him at 168.
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch88 View Post
      I'll admit - that was my first time seeing Benavidez fight. I'm an instant convert. Lemieux may have been tailor-made for him . . . but damn! I don't see anyone beating him at 168.
      I agree with you about David being the man to beat at 168 but you'll get crucified on here for saying it. Just stick to your guns about how you feel and admit when you were wrong and the rest works itself out.
      Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I agree with you about David being the man to beat at 168 but you'll get crucified on here for saying it. Just stick to your guns about how you feel and admit when you were wrong and the rest works itself out.
        Yea - I've got no problem admitting when I'm wrong...and, of course, there may be holes in Benavidez's game that I haven't seen. But his height, power, footwork, hand speed...and even his chin...the combination is lethal. I won't be betting against him any time soon.
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Expected win for Benavidez, so young and the world is his oyster.

Lemieux had a good career and won a world title. He doesn't have to take more punishment. He could fight on though if he gets another good payday.

I heard that Jermall wants to move up, so hopefully he would take a major fight in Benavidez. With Benavidez size and height, he could go all the way up to cruiserweight, but that division has little appeal. Light heavyweight is quite hot.

Comment

Benn beating Algebra is as good a win, as Benevidez beating Lemule. That I won't deny. The perception is, Benn needs more scrubs, he's not ready and Benevidez is being avoided. Benevidez has been in with better and wants the top dogs, Benn is hiding behind Eddy's kilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Benn beating Algebra is as good a win, as Benevidez beating Lemule. That I won't deny. The perception is, Benn needs more scrubs, he's not ready and Benevidez is being avoided. Benevidez has been in with better and wants the top dogs, Benn is hiding behind Eddy's kilt.
              No shame admitting that he's not ready - and he isn't - but the problem is neither Benn nor Hearn are admitting that. But actions speak louder than words and reaching out to fight Brook and Broner gives the game away. Benn is too good for the scrubs but nowhere near ready for either Ennis or Ortiz never mind Crawford and Spence. I reckon he'd struggle with Thurman but Danny Garcia could be the perfect opponent who theoretically he could beat but he'd be stretched to the limit in doing so.

Benavidez is ready for anyone at 168 right now.
              Last edited by SteveM; 05-24-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Canelo does not face anyone. He selects opponents based on them not being black Americans named Charlo and Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                X