Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade-Alimkhanuly WBO Title Bout To Be Ordered, Must Take Place By November 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade-Alimkhanuly WBO Title Bout To Be Ordered, Must Take Place By November 17

The next fight for Janibek Alimkhanuly will either be a first shot at the full WBO middleweight title or his first official defense of the belt. A destructive second-round knockout of England's Danny Dignum saw Kazakhstan's Alimkhanuly emerge as the interim WBO middleweight titlist this past Saturday at Resorts World Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Andrade caught between a rock & a hard place either take a high risk dangerous fight for short money or give up your title which is only thing making Boo Boo relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by JBsports.49 View Post
      Andrade caught between a rock & a hard place either take a high risk dangerous fight for short money or give up your title which is only thing making Boo Boo relevant.
      Andrade fan here and I totally agree with this. If I was his camp, this would be the ideal crystal. Keeping a title at 160 means the only real viable money name out there in the near future is 'Mell Charlo moving up, if Mall is going up to 168. Every other middleweight under the Matchroom/GB banner is simply not going to fight Andrade because if they were, they would have done it already. I can see GGG hanging it up after this year regardless of whether he wins or loses, and Munguia is going to keep getting protected like no ones business.

THEREFORE, I would move up to 168 and resume the Parker fight. Why? Because if Andrade wins, he automatically becomes the biggest name that is the least physical threat to Canelo at that weight class. Something tells me Canelo doesn't want Benavidez AT ALL, nor a Charlo fight. And that's when all of sudden magically, the Andrade-Canelo fight comes together. I can see the promo now: The "payday" press conference, Andrade calling Hearn and Matchroom to task after the Quigley win, all of this is great promo. Watch it happen.
      Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

This fight should happen but how does it make sense that the WBO says they were given information that Andrade's injured and will be out of the ring for four months then order him to fight in November?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          This fight should happen but how does it make sense that the WBO says they were given information that Andrade's injured and will be out of the ring for four months then order him to fight in November?
          Should be good to go by September aparently. Andrade is a waste of talent. He should be taking this fight but I could see him vacating and falling off the face of the earth again.
          sucra sucra likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Should be good to go by September aparently. Andrade is a waste of talent. He should be taking this fight but I could see him vacating and falling off the face of the earth again.
            Very risky fight. I'd pick Janibek to beat him. He should man up nevertheless.
            Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Putting my criticisms of Andrade aside for a minute - he probably shouldn't fight Alimkhanuly.

Canelo isn't coming back to 160. Win or lose, Golovkin is almost certainly retiring after the Canelo rubber match. Murata say's he's likely retiring. Charlo ain't fighting Andrade unless Andrade is signed to PBC.

So if Andrade fights and beats Alimkhanuly, he'd really just be sitting on the belt waiting to see if Mungia is ready to fight him. And, knowing DLH, he'll probably avoid that fight.

Meanwhile there are fights up at 168. I think you could make fights with Jacobs or Rosado pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by exkluesive View Post

Andrade fan here and I totally agree with this. If I was his camp, this would be the ideal crystal. Keeping a title at 160 means the only real viable money name out there in the near future is 'Mell Charlo moving up, if Mall is going up to 168. Every other middleweight under the Matchroom/GB banner is simply not going to fight Andrade because if they were, they would have done it already. I can see GGG hanging it up after this year regardless of whether he wins or loses, and Munguia is going to keep getting protected like no ones business.

THEREFORE, I would move up to 168 and resume the Parker fight. Why? Because if Andrade wins, he automatically becomes the biggest name that is the least physical threat to Canelo at that weight class. Something tells me Canelo doesn't want Benavidez AT ALL, nor a Charlo fight. And that's when all of sudden magically, the Andrade-Canelo fight comes together. I can see the promo now: The "payday" press conference, Andrade calling Hearn and Matchroom to task after the Quigley win, all of this is great promo. Watch it happen.
                Alvarez would fight Benavidez or Charlo before Andrade.

He just hates Andrade fighting style...he doesn't think it's fan friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

Alvarez would fight Benavidez or Charlo before Andrade.

He just hates Andrade fighting style...he doesn't think it's fan friendly.
                  Alvarez isn't the only one who thinks Andrade is not fan freindly. Just the same, Andrade held his spot. If he moves up to 168, he deserves a mention in the conversation. Benevidez is the main topic at 168, Andrade might be able to stink him out. He deffo isn't going to stand there and eat leather, like some I know.

Comment

Too bad about Demetrius.

Talented and creative in the ring, an amusing character outside it and yet... Pure death commercially. He just isn’t fun to watch past the two quality rounds he puts in. The rest are so dull they could make you quit watching boxing and follow professional parcheesi.

If he had had to perform to a higher level in an open boxing market to win fans, we might have seen something special. But that’s the problem with these little artificial promotional fiefdoms. He was kept well-fed by the easy DAZN money in appalling fights and what we have for it is a lackluster legacy as he begins to fall apart physically.
                    gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X