Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Fury To Make Decision on Career After Usyk-Joshua Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Expects Fury To Make Decision on Career After Usyk-Joshua Rematch

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum expects WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury to delay a final decision on his boxing future until the outcome of the upcoming rematch between Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh really? What a shock lol

Comment

Why is that then? Because he fancies a fight with one but not the other? Otherwise why would he wait to see who the winner is, what’s it matter as the fight would be for undisputed anyway.

Comment

Can you imagine if Usyk wins and he inevitably calls out fury in front of the worlds cameras after the fight, and then a day or week later fury retires? That would look so bad, and it would look like a massive duck. How much damage would that do to his rep and legacy? People criticise Lennox all the time because he didn’t give klitschko a rematch before retiring dont forget.

Comment

Fury should come back, beat both of them, Usyk and Joshua and retire for good.

Comment

Yeah, I figured this would be the case. Most likely he is hoping Joshua wins as he would likely see that as the “easier” fight for his style, that on top of it would be a much bigger fight, 2 British fighters fighting for all the belts? Would break a lot of records. If Usyk wins, that wouldn’t be an attractive fight for him style-wise, would still be a big fight of course for the undisputed, but style-wise I don’t think Fury would be 100% he could win it and it wouldn’t motivate him as much. Could be wrong, but that’s just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
              Why is that then? Because he fancies a fight with one but not the other? Otherwise why would he wait to see who the winner is, what’s it matter as the fight would be for undisputed anyway.
              I believe it has nothing to with just a fighter . I think if he sees A.J win easily and particularly by stoppage he’ll make an excuse not to take the fight .

If Usyk wins but struggles he might take the fight ?

If he sees A.J struggle bad but win he might take the fight ?

I don’t believe he’ll be in a rush to fight either if either guy wins in dominating fashion. These two guys Joshua and Usyk pose a threat to him realistically, Fury in 7 years has a tally of defeating Klitschko and Wilder not A.J or Usyk he doesn’t get those wins on fantasy talks .

True champions say yea I’ll fight the winner and fight undisputed but that’s not Fuey in terms of being an actual peoples champion he’s done the opposite so far .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-23-2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Ofc, let the cards fall where they may for undisputed, but a bit worried about the potential length of these training camps for Usyk, assuming Hearn isn’t prematurely ejaculating w/the dates.

Not sure Joshua’s actually stopped training. Even though he has less than half the Ukrainian’s IQ, the latter is extraordinarily reliant on his fitness, which you have to think MUST have taken a hit.

Got a lot riding on this because all things being equal, I have Usyk sweeping this division out. Don’t wanna end up looking a total ****head in boxing scene of all places! (Wait, what do you mean “too late”?)

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  I believe it has nothing to with just a fighter . I think if he sees A.J win easily and particularly by stoppage he’ll make an excuse not to take the fight .

If Usyk wins but struggles he might take the fight ?

If he sees A.J struggle bad but win he might take the fight ?

I don’t believe he’ll be in a rush to fight either if either guy wins in dominating fashion. These two guys Joshua and Usyk pose a threat to him realistically, Fury in 7 years has a tally of defeating Klitschko and Wilder not A.J or Usyk he doesn’t get those wins on fantasy talks .

True champions say yea I’ll fight the winner and fight undisputed but that’s not Fuey in terms of being an actual peoples champion he’s done the opposite so far .

Think he fights Joshua regardless, but starting to agree that he might not be arsed for Usyk.

Only way that changes is if all the discourse changes in Usyk’s favour, and people start calling him unbeatable or whatever, maybe he starts chatting **** about Fury. The latter might get fired up then.

Comment

Would hope he will do the sportsman thing and accept Usyk challenge

Comment

Working...
                    X