Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee McGregor Wants Title Crack at Paul Butler, May Move Up in Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee McGregor Wants Title Crack at Paul Butler, May Move Up in Weight

Lee McGregor wants a world title shot this year or he's launching an attack on the weight divisions above. The European, British and Commonwealth bantamweight champion is "licking his lips" at the thought of challenging WBO titleholder Paul Butler but admits if he can't land that shot in 2022, then he will be forced to move up a weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He says he's a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to believe it, but I think his last two performances, and defeat to Kash Farooq tells a different story unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong though. The Butler fight is winnable imo.

Comment

I know he's ambitious, but I'd actually like to see him move up a division & fight the Marc Leach/Liam Davis winner next. There's some great oppertunity's @ 122Lb. Cunningham, Foster & Masoud could all provide entertaining contests. If he stay's a bantam how about matching him with Charlie Edwards?......

Comment

A sauna chump and a bummer

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
          He says he's a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to believe it, but I think his last two performances, and defeat to Kash Farooq tells a different story unfortunately. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong though. The Butler fight is winnable imo.
          Doesn’t deserve a shot IMO. Should already have 2 losses on his record. Thought he was lucky to get a draw vs Ruiz last time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            I know he's ambitious, but I'd actually like to see him move up a division & fight the Marc Leach/Liam Davis winner next. There's some great oppertunity's @ 122Lb. Cunningham, Foster & Masoud could all provide entertaining contests. If he stay's a bantam how about matching him with Charlie Edwards?......
            I’d like to see him face Cunningham for the EBU at 122 next.

Comment

Why would Butler risk him when he can make a packet fight Inoue?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Doesn’t deserve a shot IMO. Should already have 2 losses on his record. Thought he was lucky to get a draw vs Ruiz last time out.
                Yeah I agree. But he'll most probably get a shot for Butler's first defence. In Liverpool I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Yeah I agree. But he'll most probably get a shot for Butler's first defence. In Liverpool I'd imagine.
                  Paul’s just gonna hold out for the highest bidder, he wants the Inoue-Donaire winner but if Probellum put enough money up he’d have no problem fighting McGregor or Sunny Edwards. I think he beats them both too.
                  Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Butler is not going to have that belt for too long. WBO is talking about making Casimero his mandatory. Which means night night for Paul. Paul wants the winner of Inoue/Donaire for a big pay day. He's already begging the WBO to not make Casimero his Mandatory and allow him to fight who ever he chooses. Sounds like a real champ eh

Comment

Working...
                    X