Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Explains Why He Pulled Lemieux Out From Benavidez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer Explains Why He Pulled Lemieux Out From Benavidez Fight

Marc Ramsay, head trainer of David Lemieux, made what he felt was a career-saving decision to throw in the towel during the third round of his boxer's contest with David Benavidez on Saturday night in Glendale, Arizona.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lemieux was previously warned by both the Ref & his Team
    Soo It was a Good 3rd Round stoppage from Lemeiux's Corner

Comment

A good stoppage, not one that was stopped too soon, as happens sometimes in this era.

This does not relate to this fight, but I thought I'd touch on the topic of safety and health, and on scandals.

I was browsing on youtube and came across the horrific situation of when Panama Lewis took some of the padding out of Luis Resto's gloves. It resulted in a terrible beating for the then prospect Billy Collins, and the end of his career.

Margarito, caught with doctored hand wraps before the Mosley fight. Did he knowingly cheat and have hard inserts in his gloves during the first Cotto fight, I don't know. The suspicion is there though.

Anyway, back to this fight, expected win for Benavidez and I'd like to see him in with Charlo or Morrell next. I don't think he's getting a Canelo fight anytime soon, so scratch that idea.
      blitted_master blitted_master likes this.

Comment

Lemieux has a family. He showed the heart of a lion but allowing him to continue any longer was simply not necessary.

Comment

Now that's a good trainer. The fighter will very rarely quit because they're fighters by nature. Even if they would want to quit, the risk of their image being tarnished is too great. Props to this trainer for doing the right thing.
          Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

There was no need for that third round at all.Does anyone think Lemieux was going to do anything except get brutally knocked out? So what was the point ? Entertainment? I like competitive fights,not mismatches.

Comment

Good stoppage as he was fighting back on pure heart and courage after the end of the first. He probably has no recollection from there on after. Guy was slurring pretty horribly in his in ring post fight interview as well. Dudes a good look cat,just hang em up and make a living doing some fashion modeling or some **** brosef. No need to take further ass whoopings like that when you're a dish,all ****.

Comment

What a bunch of soft cvnts. Lemieux was swinging and while he's swinging he's in the fight. I've seen worse damage done and the fight allowed to continue. Noone says Coralles Castillo should have been stopped...they just call it one of the greatest fights ever. Noone says Gatti Ward should have been stopped...see above.
                Last edited by Rockybigblower; 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                  There was no need for that third round at all.Does anyone think Lemieux was going to do anything except get brutally knocked out? So what was the point ? Entertainment? I like competitive fights,not mismatches.
                  Sometimes fighters can gain fulfillment in lasting the distance, showing survival skills and hanging in there. And that may come with risks, but that is why fighters are admired 'For showing that courage'.

We all get it, boxing is a dangerous sport. That danger element is never going to be removed.

All these things people are being all dramatic about. Is why the sport of boxing is attractive, it is that danger element.

And I am now going to ask you are polarizing question TonyRespectful.

Do you want knock outs removed from boxing or what ?

I am asking you this question, because I am just wondering how you would answer it.

Note: I think the fight was stopped because Lemieux has already been world champion, he has achieved a lot in his career. If this fight happened at the beginning of his career, I suspect the fight would not of been stopped. Remember how Pauli Malignaggi was being battered Miguel Cotto, but knew he had to somehow survive 'Even though he lost the fight, he gained masses of credit'.

Boxing is a dangerous sport, it is not a safe sport. But that is why the fighters are admired.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-22-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

He knew his guy was a shot super welterweight in there with a 25 year old who only sometimes makes super middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X