Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Tabs Wladimir Klitschko as Toughest Opponent To Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Tabs Wladimir Klitschko as Toughest Opponent To Date

Former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua recently reflected on his career and tabbed a Ukrainian boxer as being his toughest opponent to date. But it wasn't Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That wasn't the real Wladimir Klitschko. That was a pale imitation of him.

The real Klitschko was last seen in 2013 against Povetkin. He was a shell of himself against Leapai, Pulev, and Jennings and then Fury schooled him, then he retired, then he came back 18 months later and Joshua picked the bones of his corpse.

Comment

If he doesn't define toughest opponent as someone that handed you an L, then I'd believe him
      Jkp Jkp Smash Smash like this.

Comment

I'm not sure I agree but fair play to AJ

Wlad had great punching power, dropped him, had him almost out of there for a bit and was arguably beating him before the late comeback

That said, Usyk dominated him and he never was in control of that fight
        AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

AJ talking utter nonsense right here. Who’s he trying to convince us or himself?
          Jkp Jkp AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            That wasn't the real Wladimir Klitschko. That was a pale imitation of him.

The real Klitschko was last seen in 2013 against Povetkin. He was a shell of himself against Leapai, Pulev, and Jennings and then Fury schooled him, then he retired, then he came back 18 months later and Joshua picked the bones of his corpse.
            I agree with most but not being schooled by Fury. That was a boring fight where neither fighter really asserted themselves. WK was 39 and most fighters are shot and retired by then. I first started seeing Wlad's decline in the Jennings fight.

Comment

Now, is this Joshua's way of giving props to the old war horse that he beat, or a denial of respect for the two young guys who beat him?

Comment

What's with boxers always saying their toughest fights are against opponents they've defeated? I'm guessing it's an ego thing.
                AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  I'm not sure I agree but fair play to AJ

Wlad had great punching power, dropped him, had him almost out of there for a bit and was arguably beating him before the late comeback

That said, Usyk dominated him and he never was in control of that fight
                  Let's not forget AJ kept spitting out his mouthpiece to buy time and the ref never warned him

Comment

Joshua is not as spooked by Uysk, like people are always trying to make out.

Yes beating Usyk is a momentous Challenge. Simply because nobody has ever achieved such a feat.

But Joshua for me, is not as daunted by this rematch 'Like he was with Ruiz Junior'.

I think Joshua has more positives to take from his fight with Usyk, than he did from his first fight with Ruiz Junior etc.

Physically his toughest fight to date, was against Wladimir Kiltschko. That fight was the greatest heavyweight title fight of the past 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X