Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Felt Canelo Was Too Small For Bivol, Should Not Fight at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lemieux Felt Canelo Was Too Small For Bivol, Should Not Fight at 175

Former middleweight champion David Lemieux is only a day away from his scheduled showdown with undefeated David Benavidez, who himself is a two-time super middleweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

While hindsight is 20/20, it was actually pretty damn clear in round 1 just how massive Bivol was compared to Canelo. No matter who you are or who you rooted for, it has to be clear to the viewer that there was an apparent size disparity. Also, despite the 5-1 odds, many fans also acknowledged that Bivol can win. Others predicted Bivol would win. This was mostly due to size. If Bivol was 5’8”, it would have been a 50-1 underdog. The 5-1 odds were modest, no matter what some people say. It was very modest, basically because of Bivol’s size.

There have been many fighters where a great bigger fighter beats a great little fighter, where you can tell that even if they were the same all around size (weight, height, reach), the outcome would have been the same.

This was not the case here. It was clear that Bivol was physically too big all around for Canelo. It’s undeniable, there is boxing footage to prove it.
    alexoneness alexoneness likes this.

Comment

I´m guessing in the ring Canelo was 180 lbs, Bivol 185. So that may not be the reason why Bivol won.. WBC probably to announce new height divisions.

Comment

He wasn't to small for kovalev doe!!!

Comment

When I think of someone being exposed as too small for the weight class, I think of Hopkins bullying Trinidad around the ring. He used skill but also pushed him around and imposed his size. Bivol didn’t do that. He worked the jab, effectively countered, was active with his hands and had excellent footwork that didn’t let Canelo trap him on the ropes. Sounds easy to say Canelo was too small but in reality he was out skilled.

Comment

was nothing to do with size, his loser fanbase were actually saying before the fight canelo fights better against bigger opponents lol, and that he would be too quick for likes of usyk etc. all that happened is that for once he actually fought a half decent boxer who was light on his fight with a gameplan and who wasnt beaten before he stepped in the ring unlike the slop canelo beat at 168.

Comment

I thought it was Bivol's range and hand-speed, mainly. He didn't look bigger than Smith or Kovalev, for instance. It was a fight fought at range.
              THC THC likes this.

Comment

The thing that impressed me about Bivol was his activity level. He looked hyper for the whole fight whereas Canelo was visibly gassed by the latter rounds. Another thing about Bivol was that he was very, very tough -- even for a pro fighter. Canelo was swinging punches from the back fence, just like he did in training where it looked like he would split the heavy bag, but BIvol appeared unaffected by it. If they fight again, they'll get the same result.

And Benevidez seems like a nice enough man, but I'd like to see Lemieux be able to test him effectively. If Benevidez uses the GGG strategy of death by a thousand power-jabs, it'll be an ugly night for Lemieux, because Benevidez has a definite reach and work rate advantage.
                Last edited by Bro. Steve; 05-20-2022, 07:27 AM.
                blitted_master blitted_master likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
                  Bivol was just the better man that night and why does Golovkin have to move up the winner of David vs David should get a crack at the p4p king next
                  Bivol didn’t fold and pushed Canelo in a defensive position

bivol hungry
                  Canelo lazy

Shalom my friend

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    He wasn't to small for kovalev doe!!!
                    True indeed, but Kovalev was a shell of himself at that point. His chin was totally gone. He also didn't throw a hard punch the entire fight which was very odd for him.
                    BDBoxing BDBoxing eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X