No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan To Return on August 6th in Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan To Return on August 6th in Belfast

Featherweight contender Michael Conlan will resume his career on August 6th in Belfast. The opponent and venue have yet to be revealed. Conlan fought in Belfast back in August of last year, when he picked up a twelve round unanimous decision over former world champion TJ Doheny to secure the WBA's interim-title at 126-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One thing I can say about Conlan after that last fight, is he is indeed a fighter. Not the best but the man showed mad heart.

Comment

Right before the fight he was celebrating like it was his coronation. He should know that boxing is the theater of the unknown. It was a great fight and they should do it again.
      gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Conlan’s stock definitely went up after that loss. He was well ahead on my card at the time of the stoppage.
        jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Michael Conlan what a fighter, and what a fight, he's not the best, but he's a warrior to the core.
          I'd watch whenever he's fighting in the future, the guy's got undying spirit in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
            Michael Conlan what a fighter, and what a fight, he's not the best, but he's a warrior to the core.
            I'd watch whenever he's fighting in the future, the guy's got undying spirit in the ring.
            You said it perfectly and like RJJ posted above. his stock went up even in defeat. I will be watching his rebuild with great interest, he has a true fighter's heart.

Comment

I really like Conlan so I can't wait to see him rebuild. I may have overestimated his abilities somewhat earlier but surely the guy can be a world champ in future.

Comment

I'm a little late to the party but I share similar sentiments to the previous posters. I kinda thought he was a bit **** before and had a low ceiling but definitely won me over in that fight. Funny enough, I was pretty impressed by Wood's upset of Can Xu but wasn't sure he could recreate that or thought maybe it was a one-time thing cause Xu was rusty etc. Turns out he's just king of the late KO.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

You said it perfectly and like RJJ posted above. his stock went up even in defeat. I will be watching his rebuild with great interest, he has a true fighter's heart.
                  I appreciate that jonnyc240, we have got to give this man his due, he's earned it the hard way.

Comment

I think the Wood defeat looks better on paper in a few years. Wood is decent only lost to Jazza Dickens (MD) and G-Mac both excellent fighters. The same way that Ricky Burns only dropping a UD to Crawford looks a lot better now than it did when it happened. Conlan comes again no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X