Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Meng Fanlong-Jean Pascal Weigh-In Results From Plant City, Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Meng Fanlong-Jean Pascal Weigh-In Results From Plant City, Florida

Meng Fanlong was so eager to prove himself against an established ex-champion, he was willing to fight Sergey Kovalev at a catch weight of 188 pounds last Saturday night. Fanlong appeared much more comfortable Thursday morning, though, when he stepped on the Florida Athletic Commission's scale at 174.6 pounds for his 12-round light heavyweight fight against Jean Pascal.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-19-2022, 10:42 AM.

It’s hard to get Pascal out of boxing even with all the doping at his advanced age. I’m hoping this will be the last time we see him fight again because honestly know one missed him!

Comment

Don't know how Pascal continues to get headline opportunities with his failed test and dubious decisions.

Comment

I saw an interview where apparently the positive tests were contaminated and that's how he was cleared to fight, don't ask me to go look for it because it was a while back and I don't really care to prove it. Either way if Roy Jones Jr, James Toney, Mickey Bey, Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte, Kid Galahad and so forth were able to fight again they shouldn't be complaining about Pascal.

Bey is fighting Farmer soon and just in case you all didn't know I'm pretty sure Mickey Bey holds the record for the highest testosterone ratio known in competition. Peterson and Bey were on that TRT also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          I saw an interview where apparently the positive tests were contaminated and that's how he was cleared to fight, don't ask me to go look for it because it was a while back and I don't really care to prove it. Either way if Roy Jones Jr, James Toney, Mickey Bey, Andre Berto, Lamont Peterson, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte, Kid Galahad and so forth were able to fight again they shouldn't be complaining about Pascal.

Bey is fighting Farmer soon and just in case you all didn't know I'm pretty sure Mickey Bey holds the record for the highest testosterone ratio known in competition. Peterson and Bey were on that TRT also.
          I don't give a dammmm who else was on it we are discussing the man fighting and what he did, all those people you mentioned were caught and had to deal with consequences as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

I don't give a dammmm who else was on it we are discussing the man fighting and what he did, all those people you mentioned were caught and had to deal with consequences as well.
            Well you gave a damn enough to read and respond. Pascal did serve a suspension so I'm not sure what you are talking about meanwhile Dillian Whyte tested positive before a fight and they literally let him fight anyways. My point is if you are going to shun Pascal you should shun all those fighters as well but chances are one of them is one of your favorites so you are looking at it from a skewed perspective.

Comment

Had always been a big fan of Pascal and was disappointed when he popped for PEDs. His wars against Kovalev, the shootout with El Biali were great entertainment. Wonder how many of those may have been tainted.

Anyway, I expect Meng will prove too active and finally get the biggest win since he stopped Buglioni so many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                Had always been a big fan of Pascal and was disappointed when he popped for PEDs. His wars against Kovalev, the shootout with El Biali were great entertainment. Wonder how many of those may have been tainted.

Anyway, I expect Meng will prove too active and finally get the biggest win since he stopped Buglioni so many years ago.
                I see you're the only other one brave enough to pick the Lemieux KO and went the early route too lol... Buglioni beating Richards gives me pause though for picking Spider. It was a while back but I haven't seen the fight and don't really have the time/patience to sit through it. Any thoughts or comments if you remember it? I mean it ain't that important since my picks are just memes at this point after my steep decline here. Just a little curious is all.
                Last edited by YoungManRumble; 05-20-2022, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

I see you're the only other one brave enough to pick the Lemieux KO and went the early route too lol... Buglioni beating Richards gives me pause though for picking Spider. It was a while back but I haven't seen the fight and don't really have the time/patience to sit through it. Any thoughts or comments if you remember it? I mean it ain't that important since my picks are just memes at this point after my steep decline here. Just a little curious is all.
                  To be honest, I can't remember anything about the Buglioni/Richards fight but as you said it was pretty early in his career. It was right around the time Buglioni starched Hosea Burton.

I remember the Meng fight with Wise Guy. Frank seemed like he already had one foot in retirement at that point and Meng used a physical, grinding effort to convince Frank to step fully into retirement.

Meng's best win is that UD over Deines who in turn gave Beterbiev a decent fight.

As for Lemieux, I don't have much confidence in him but I've always been a fan despite his limitations. The one thing he can do is hit like a freight train and Benavidez can get tagged. Let's ride with David one last time in a blaze of glory.

Comment

Working...
                  X