Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Blasts Hearn: He's F----- Off Over Billion Dollars & Has No Stars In US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Blasts Hearn: He's F----- Off Over Billion Dollars & Has No Stars In US

Matchroom Boxing head Eddie Hearn continues to catch the ire of rival promoter Leonard Ellerbe. Earlier this month, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions called the British promoter a "clown" and a "piece of sh-" on Twitter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ok, someone needs a chill pill

Comment

A lot of words,which absolutely made no ****in sense, and an attempt to deflect from Tanks **** opposition there from smellerbe. He no longer knows what to say when questioned about it, so he's resorted to pulling **** out his ass.

Comment

Hard to say he has no stars in the US when he’s just promoted a Canelo fight and has him under contract for the next fight too, promoted 4 of his last 5 fights. Yeah you can say Canelo is pretty much a free agent but aren’t all the PBC guys technically free too?

Mayweather promotions only has Davis and he’s looking to be leaving in a few weeks time. He’s hardly a big star anyway.

Of course Eddie hasn’t got many big stars, because there’s barely any big stars in USA anyway. The biggest name is Mexican. Crawford, Spence etc could walk down pretty much any street in USA or the world and nobody would know who they are. If we’re talking about building stars, well he’s only been in the American game a few years. There’s not really been any true American crossover star since Floyd and he’s about 45 and been retired half a decade, so Ellerbe should look in his PBC mirror and ask why they haven’t created any in about a decade.

DAZN has spent a lot, but that’s how they got fighters like Canelo, GGG etc,

PBC were also spending a fortune in their early years to compete with Golden Boy and Top Rank, so they overpaid everyone to lure fighters away. Paying the likes of Santa Cruz millions to have 12 round borefests against factory workers. Not much different to what DAZN were blowing money on.

Not that I’m a Hearn fan, I’ve criticised him a lot and he’s as slimy as any promoter but Ellerbe is talking rubbish here.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-19-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I like how everyone tries to bring up Floyd to detract from Hearn's failures. Hearns is pissing money down the drain. DAZN is a massive failure that was supposed to kill PPV, yet they now charge people for PPV's even if you're a subscriber. Bottom line is Hearns is a failure who wasted DAZN's money.

Comment

He’s not wrong….Hearn has built no stars in the usa with “da’zone”….however I think that’s more to do with young Edward’s highly flawed public relations strategy regarding his entry Ito the American market. Had he come to this country with respect for the people he wouldn’t have been sick a pariah. Schaefer is European and he was never responded to as Hearn was. There is wisdom in this…..

Comment

Why is the spit bucket guy letting someone like Eddie Hearn stress him out so much?

Comment

First and foremost. I think Teo walks Davis down. I don't like him but he was awesome with Gamache in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  I like how everyone tries to bring up Floyd to detract from Hearn's failures. Hearns is pissing money down the drain. DAZN is a massive failure that was supposed to kill PPV, yet they now charge people for PPV's even if you're a subscriber. Bottom line is Hearns is a failure who wasted DAZN's money.
                  Lmao,wtf are you alking about?

1.Not one poster has even mentioned Floyd so get his balls out your mouth.

2. DAZN wasn't the only platform that promised ridding us of the PPV model so let's not cast stones there. You remember who's premise was "bringing back boxing to free tv doe"??..but turned around and have gone the ppv route far and away more than any other promotional platform?

3. Hearn has recently been part of some of the biggest fights in boxing history but yet somehow he's a "failure"?? How many has your hero Floyd and Ellerbe been part of?? I"ll give a hint,the number is a single digit and round in shape...

4. Do you even still watch boxing now that Floyd's retired?....sure doesn't seem like it with that nonsense.
                  Last edited by Sctrojan; 05-19-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

What "stars" does Ellerbe exactly have? Tank? Selling 200k in ppv doesn't make you a star. Besides, I hear Tank is looking for Greener pastures.
                    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X