Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: David Lemieux Putting in Work For David Benavidez Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: David Lemieux Putting in Work For David Benavidez Clash

David Lemieux Training Photos Gallery - Unbeaten two-time world champion David "El Bandera Roja" Benav?dez and former world champion David Lemieux officially kicked off fight week events with a media workout on Wednesday ahead of their 12-round showdown for the vacant Interim WBC Super Middleweight Title which headlines live on SHOWTIME this Saturday, May 21 from Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona in a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Esther Lin)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks to be in decent shape but he hasn't looked too great in his last fights and he's getting up there in age. Benavidez is there to be hit and Lemieux was one of the hardest punchers at 160 for a while but I think David's too big and Lemieux is chinny who has been hurt by lesser fighters in the past. I just hope he tests Benavidez and maybe hurts him a bit to put him through some trouble and make it a decent fight.

Comment

I personally think the odds are WAY too wide on this fight. Lemeiux hasn't lost to someone that didn't outbox him from a distance since Rubio dragged him deep 11 years ago.

Benavidez is right there to be hit and Lemeiux's power is real. I'm not saying Lemeiux wins, but this is a 50-50, 60-40 kinda fight IMO and everyone seems to be looking past Lemeiux. Upset could be brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        Looks to be in decent shape but he hasn't looked too great in his last fights and he's getting up there in age. Benavidez is there to be hit and Lemieux was one of the hardest punchers at 160 for a while but I think David's too big and Lemieux is chinny who has been hurt by lesser fighters in the past. I just hope he tests Benavidez and maybe hurts him a bit to put him through some trouble and make it a decent fight.
        What do you mean? He's like 31 or 32 years old. It seems like it because he's been a professional for a long time. He's like Canelo, his amateur career was the pros. I think his last fights were fights that are hard to get up for. Now he has something to fight for, so I think this will be the best version of Lemieux we've ever seen. He'll be ready like he had been for Golovkin. It could be the same outcome, but Benavidez won't blow him out of the water. In fact, I predict that Benavidez will get dropped with a no-look, left hook during one of Benavidez's flurries.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I personally think the odds are WAY too wide on this fight. Lemeiux hasn't lost to someone that didn't outbox him from a distance since Rubio dragged him deep 11 years ago.

Benavidez is right there to be hit and Lemeiux's power is real. I'm not saying Lemeiux wins, but this is a 50-50, 60-40 kinda fight IMO and everyone seems to be looking past Lemeiux. Upset could be brewing.
          I dunno man. I don’t rate Benavidez too highly and think he’s very beatable but Lemieux hasn’t exactly looked good for a while and he looked terrible versus Bursak. I think Benavidez wins this pretty easily.
          Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

You said Lemieux’s loses are all from guys boxing him on the outside?? What? How?

Marco Antonio Rubio walked Lemieux down and knocked him out.

GGG walked Lemieux down and knocked him out.

Alcine and Saunders both outboxed him.

Benevidez is the biggest fighter Lemieux has ever fought, he’s also the strongest. He’s young, in his prime and has never lost. He’s also tremendously skilled, there is a famous video of him getting the better of middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in sparring at only 16 years old. David is literally a boxing phenom. Obese fat kid to world champion in a few years.

Lemieux is battle worn, has very, very limited skills and has been stopped twice already.

Im a Lemieux fan. I live 1 hour from him in Montreal and have watched him fight and train since he was 13 years old and with Russ Anber. I know people that have worked with him, trained him and trust me everyone says the same thing…Lazy, undisciplined, poor skills. What he does have is heart and a big punch.

BUT…to recap…Benavidez is the biggest, strongest, best skilled boxer he’s ever fought….
            it’s a 90-10 fight for Benavidez. if Lemieux won it would be one of the biggest upsets in modern boxing history.

Castilo Castilo Oracle01 Oracle01 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

What do you mean? He's like 31 or 32 years old. It seems like it because he's been a professional for a long time. He's like Canelo, his amateur career was the pros. I think his last fights were fights that are hard to get up for. Now he has something to fight for, so I think this will be the best version of Lemieux we've ever seen. He'll be ready like he had been for Golovkin. It could be the same outcome, but Benavidez won't blow him out of the water. In fact, I predict that Benavidez will get dropped with a no-look, left hook during one of Benavidez's flurries.
              I'm talking about in comparison to Benavidez who's only 25 and in his prime, Lemieux is 33 and a half and has been pro for 15 years. He has lost most of his high profile fights by knockout or wide margins and the blueprint on how to beat him has been set. He's not fresh like Benavidez not everyone is Bernard Hopkins he's definitely on a decline compared to his early career at least from how he has looked in his last few major fights aside from Curtis Stevens which was some time ago. He's also a 154 lber who could barely make 160 and that is why he is forced to fight at 168 if he was younger he could probably still make 160 and when he was in his prime he could've made 154 no problem if his diet was better.

I agree Lemieux could hurt David I hope he does that way David can show some new dimensions to his game and how well he would handle being truly hurt and not like the flash knockdown against Gavril.

Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post

BUT…to recap…Benavidez is the biggest, strongest, best skilled boxer he’s ever fought….
                it’s a 90-10 fight for Benavidez. if Lemieux won it would be one of the biggest upsets in modern boxing history.
                That's interesting. Russ Abner said that he just didn't want to listen to him in order to take it to the next level, and that's why they split. He also refused to listen to Marc Ramsay during the Saunders fight. Literally didn't do anything Marc was asking him to do. It was bizarre. Saunders was so in his head that all he saw was red and wanted to knock him out.

Anyway, I think Benavidez is the biggest guy he's fought, but I don't think he's the strongest or the most skilled. I think Golovkin and BJS are more skilled, technically, than Benavidez. Golovkin might be stronger too. In fact, I'm sure he's stronger. Benavidez wins by accumulation of blows. He's not a one punch guy. And anyone that walks in on a guy squared up is showing me that he needs to work on his skills.

I will not be surprised if the below video shows what happens:

PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Lemule don't have a chance.
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Imagine thinking this is a 50/50 fight lol. It took prime GGG 8 rounds to get a soft tko. Lets see how long it takes David. Stop acting like Lemu is 40 years old.
                    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X