Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: I Thought Bivol Had a Great Chance To Beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Smith: I Thought Bivol Had a Great Chance To Beat Canelo

Back in 2019, WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol outboxed Joe Smith over twelve rounds - picking up a near shut-out decision on the official cards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Imagine if he beats 38 years old Beterbiev. Go Joe Smith
    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

I can count on one hand how of these personalities in boxing actually said these things BEFORE the Bivol-Alvarez fight. As much as I like Smith, the only boxer to say out loud that Bivol was his favorite to win was the man Smith is fighting. Beterbiev stopped short of predicting it, but said he saw Bivol as having all the skills he needed to beat Canelo.

Smith was strangely silent about the fighter who beat him soundly.

Comment

Beterbiv vs Smith is going to be one of the best boxing matches of this year, hands down.

Comment

Nelo was underdog, of course bivol had better than 50% chance of winning. There are weight classes for a reason in martial sports combat.
          How can bivol be underdog when he's beat 19 lhws, and beats anyone on nelos resume at lhw also?
          Last edited by hugh grant; 05-18-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Why would you make someone stepping up 4 divisions from natural weight class favourite. Nelo might as well not fight bivol as if nelo loses he's not as good as you thought he was.
            There's no incentive to move up. So make bud favourite against Callum Smith, that's going to scare bud as he will think he can't live up to expectations and buds got more to gain not fighting smith
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-18-2022, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Funny how everyone has a change of opinion . I thought canelo would win but I also thought bivol had a very good chance at winning. I also said and still think he can beat beterbiev .

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                I can count on one hand how of these personalities in boxing actually said these things BEFORE the Bivol-Alvarez fight. As much as I like Smith, the only boxer to say out loud that Bivol was his favorite to win was the man Smith is fighting. Beterbiev stopped short of predicting it, but said he saw Bivol as having all the skills he needed to beat Canelo.

Smith was strangely silent about the fighter who beat him soundly.

giphy.gif

Comment

Would Floyd have been favourite at 160 against GGG? If Floyd miraculously was, no wonder Floyd never fought GGG or Sergio Martinez or any weak middleweight champion.
                  Im sure nelo was flattered he was expected to beat bivol, it's good for ego to know your respected. But that might be underestimating how good bivol is and that's not necessarily good for nelo. If nelo beats bivol he was expected to?
                  I'm sure nelo would prefer underdog status so if he beat bivol, people would say your greater than we thought you was.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 05-18-2022, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Why would you make someone stepping up 4 divisions from natural weight class favourite. Nelo might as well not fight bivol as if nelo loses he's not as good as you thought he was.
                    There's no incentive to move up. So make bud favourite against Callum Smith, that's going to scare bud as he will think he can't live up to expectations and buds got more to gain not fighting smith

Comment

Working...
                    X