Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Slams WBA Prez For Not Honoring Sanctioning Body Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Slams WBA Prez For Not Honoring Sanctioning Body Agreement

World Boxing Council President Maurico Sulaiman has lashed out at the WBA and their president, Gilberto Mendoza. Sulaiman explains that earlier this year, in Puerto Rico, all four of the major sanctioning organizations came together to discuss a working relationship when it came to unified world champions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The WBC has been trying their best to be just as big of a joke as the WBA in recent years, but on this topic the WBC is 100% right.

Comment

Sulaiman is biggest crook in boxing. Screw him and his fake belts. Hopefully all these corrupt orgs fail big time and disappear from boxing.
      harry-greb harry-greb likes this.

Comment

What about canelo? "Oh no whatever canelo wants he gets" - mau sulaiman...GTFOH
        Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Sulaiman is biggest crook in boxing. Screw him and his fake belts. Hopefully all these corrupt orgs fail big time and disappear from boxing.
          But "how" do they fail? What happens that makes them fail? What is failing, even?

They're basically self-proclaimed, right? So as long as they want to stay around, there is no big wig to get rid of them, because they are the big wigs. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

But "how" do they fail? What happens that makes them fail? What is failing, even?

They're basically self-proclaimed, right? So as long as they want to stay around, there is no big wig to get rid of them, because they are the big wigs. Am I wrong?
            Boxers can refuse to accept their belts. Both Canelo and Inoue did that once. Inoue basically humiliated the WBC by refusing their belts in the ring. He waved it off when they tried to hand it to him after a win. Boxing fans can also refuse to recognize these belts, like me.

Comment

In the case of Juan Francisco Estrada and the 'Regular' WBA superfly-champ Joshua Franco, 'El Gallo' and Roman Gonzalez had already fought the rematch ; and the WBA is keeping with getting rid of the 'Regular' 115 title ( for now ) -- which is pretty ironic because Sillyman manufactured the 115 'Franchise' title, whilst the WBA was getting rid of their secondary title.

As far as stripping Josh Taylor, SO WHAT?! He should not be holding any belts. Gilberto Mendoza gave the 'Tart-Tomato' and Maurico Sulaiman the bird.

Comment

Al Haymon sucked off the WBA president that's what happened.
                Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Boxers can refuse to accept their belts. Both Canelo and Inoue did that once. Inoue basically humiliated the WBC by refusing their belts in the ring. He waved it off when they tried to hand it to him after a win. Boxing fans can also refuse to recognize these belts, like me.
                  Point taken.

Everybody wants a belt tho, and a belt ups a fighter's marketability. Fighters with a bunch of belts can refuse them without any disadvantage, but the rest take whatever they can get.

Some people make a living on just that crappy belt. Know what I mean?

And me recognizing the belt or not doesn't affect WBA. I'm not paying their bills Maybe if there was a popular movement to ignore a governing body, then our opinions would matter.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Point taken.

Everybody wants a belt tho, and a belt ups a fighter's marketability. Fighters with a bunch of belts can refuse them without any disadvantage, but the rest take whatever they can get.

Some people make a living on just that crappy belt. Know what I mean?

And me recognizing the belt or not doesn't affect WBA. I'm not paying their bills Maybe if there was a popular movement to ignore a governing body, then our opinions would matter.
                    Last paragraph. You underestimate your power. Complete silence about their belts is a strong response. This is all I have to say about those crooks.

I'm out.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-17-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X