Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Jose Zepeda Being Worked Out, Says Top Rank Prez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor vs. Jose Zepeda Being Worked Out, Says Top Rank Prez

Josh Taylor has been hit with several mandatory defense orders in the last few months. A few days ago, the World Boxing Association stripped him of their world title for his failure in taking part with a mandatory defense against Alberto Puello. Taylor claims that he vacated the belt due to pressure from the sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can Taylor win this fight? Surely some changes will be required considering what the last southpaw did to him.

Comment

i thought he was moving up?

Comment

Although he's no longer the undisputed champion, Taylor still holds the WBC, IBF and WBO belts.
        A yo, listen, 'Tart-Tomato' Josh Taylor should not even be cashing in checks for those belts, he robbed Jack Catterall ; ask Ian John Lewis. This bum Josh Taylor should be in a couple eliminators fighting a : Lewis Ritson, a Pablo Cesar Cano, and then work his way up to a Liam Paro or Ohara Davis ( again ).

But you know, maybe Josh Taylor takes his second loss in a row vs. Jose 'Chon' Zepeda because Jose has some traits like Jack Catterall and has been smacking up loud mouths like Josue Vargas.

You done F-UP again Taylor, you keep ducking Regis Prograis, Jack Catterall, and the 'Takeover'.

Comment

Nice,should be a great fight. Didnt believe Chon stood a chance but after Taylor's struggles against Catterall and making weight,he just might be ripe for the taking. Taylor can get drawn into a brawl/exchanges and with Chons power,he can certainly catch Taylor and end it. Probably the biggest puncher Taylor will have faced to date,Baranchyk and Regis included.

Comment

Shouldnt nobody care about the belts. Taylor is undisputed, PERIOD.
            Castilo Castilo Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Bad decision by Taylor the guy has been vocal about the weight and stays at 140...same problem Teo had vs the aussie ...Zepeda will stop him imo unless taylor is able to take him out early but as the fight goes the weight drain will be a problem

Comment

If I’m Taylor, I’ll vacate all but one title and fight whoever you want. Dude had to pay 11-12% of his purse in his last fight. That’s outrageous. Goal accomplished, stop letting these sanctioning bodies make $$ off you.

Comment

I won the fight but was weight drained, he can rematch me at 147.

I have given up my WBA title since I'm moving up in weight.

I am now defending my remaining 140 titles.

What a tool.

Comment

Should be a good fight. If Taylor is as affected by the weight as he says he was against Catterall and puts in a similar performance, he's probably getting stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X