Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Talks Injuries, Reflects on The Highs and Lows of His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Talks Injuries, Reflects on The Highs and Lows of His Career

Amir Khan said he realized his days in the ring were coming to an end when he started suffering a string of injuries ahead of his last fight with Kell Brook.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Khans career ended after Garcia

It's a shame because Khan actually was doing amazingly well under Roach but three things happened which lead to his downfall.

1. Bradley ducked him, this was a winnable fight for Khan at the time and would have really put him as #1 in the division

2. He got robbed in DC vs Petersen, that would have been an easy 116-111 115-112 type cards anywhere neutral which lead to....

3. Came in way too aggressive vs Garcia and got ko'd hanging around in the pocket.

It was a very short turn around but Khan was never the same again, went up to 147 where he had no business and never had a relevant win again really.

Comment

I had him down as the best 140 on the planet at one stage. He took so many forward steps (the war with Maidana, the clinical dispatching of Judah, taking his L against Peterson etc.) but undone all his good PR chasing Mayweather.

His Silver in Athens did more for British boxing than people realise. It's ironic actually that him and Audley Harrison, for all they did for the sport in the UK; have been subjected to the most derision but there you go.
      P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Im glad u admitted u should have fought Kell Brook earlier in ur career. U ran like a pakistani bully kutta for over 12 years and u still couldn't beat a kell brook with both sides of his face broken with plates and screws in it, so imagine with he would have done to u 12 years ago. U would have got butt fu..ked worse than Paulie Malignaggi did against Shawn Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

It's a shame because Khan actually was doing amazingly well under Roach but three things happened which lead to his downfall.

1. Bradley ducked him, this was a winnable fight for Khan at the time and would have really put him as #1 in the division

2. He got robbed in DC vs Petersen, that would have been an easy 116-111 115-112 type cards anywhere neutral which lead to....

3. Came in way too aggressive vs Garcia and got ko'd hanging around in the pocket.

It was a very short turn around but Khan was never the same again, went up to 147 where he had no business and never had a relevant win again really.
          He was doing very good with Roach IMO as well, what he was doing wrong was that he was having wars in the gym with headguard and was putting his hands down when he punches during fight night and was getting caught.

He was changing a lot of coaches in a short period of time and that wasn't helping him as well, the last stupid move was that he joined the Crawford team for his last fight.

For the Garcia fight I believe that Garcia Sr. went a bit under his skin with some of his comments and fought aggressive and got caught.

His personal matters later on in his career didn't help him as well unfortunately.
          gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Everyone is different due to genes and ethnic backgrounds.. As someone who's watched Khan's career from the beginning I've always said his prime years athletically was when he was 24-27 by the time he was 30 he was finished. Truth is people from Middle Eastern descent typically age faster than someone from the West...But he was never going to beat Brook at any point Khan use to fight at 135lbs..

Comment

Thanks for the memories amir. Kept boxing alive I this country for a good while and was always entertaining . All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

———
                As much as I can’t stand Khan with his incessant talking and excuses, you are correct. Bradley openly ducked Khan
                I think British fighters are terrible at matchmaking. Bradley is most likely going into the Hall of Fame because of good matchmaking and of course the dubious win against PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  Everyone is different due to genes and ethnic backgrounds.. As someone who's watched Khan's career from the beginning I've always said his prime years athletically was when he was 24-27 by the time he was 30 he was finished. Truth is people from Middle Eastern descent typically age faster than someone from the West...But he was never going to beat Brook at any point Khan use to fight at 135lbs..
                  ————
                  Your point about “people from the Middle East aging faster than people from the west”, is factually incorrect and just devoid of any truth.

First, Khan is Pakistani decent. I hope you know the difference between Arabs and Indians (includes Pakistan and Bangladesh).
                  Two, when you say people from the West, you’re obviously implying white people. This is just not true at all.

Black, Indigenous, and People of Color may be less to experience the effects of sun damage than white people. This is because white people can have less melanin in their skin. Melanin is a pigment that gives a person’s skin, hair, and eyes their color. Melanin can also help to harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...age#sun-damage

There are tons of medical journals that disprove your opinion.

At no time anywhere in my response to you was I disrespectful in any way. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

Much respect to this guy can't nobody say he took his foot off the gas

Comment

Working...
                    X