Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Usyk on July 23 in Middle East is Still Frontrunner, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua-Usyk on July 23 in Middle East is Still Frontrunner, Says Hearn

Eddie Hearn, promoter of Anthony Joshua, is hoping to finalize all of the details in the coming days for the anticipated rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why does it always take Matchroom so long to announce a fight. It’s always announcements about announcements.
    _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Anthony joshua has a 0.00 chance of winning this rematch.

If he wins Usyk was distracted by the war

Comment

nobody cares!

Comment

Giving AJ maximum time to work on a style and strategy that could possibly beat usyk. Problem is hes never outboxing Usyk. Hes only hope is to use his size strength and power this time round and Bully Usyk... cant see aj doing that though without getting caught and rocked in the process. I think Usyk will be much better in the rematch.
          REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
            Giving AJ maximum time to work on a style and strategy that could possibly beat usyk. Problem is hes never outboxing Usyk. Hes only hope is to use his size strength and power this time round and Bully Usyk... cant see aj doing that though without getting caught and rocked in the process. I think Usyk will be much better in the rematch.
            Usyk probably thought Joshua is going to use his size in the first match but he didn't so now Usyk is even more prepared for that. I think Usyk is going to win again but still can't count AJ out, he has a chance but he need to go into a war with him

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post

Usyk probably thought Joshua is going to use his size in the first match but he didn't so now Usyk is even more prepared for that. I think Usyk is going to win again but still can't count AJ out, he has a chance but he need to go into a war with him
              If he goes to war he will get hit on the chin and stopped

If he tries to box he gets schooled

Usyk schooled him and easily shook off Joshuas best shots

Joshua has no chance unless Usyk is severely distracted by the war, doesn't train, doesn't care about the fight and even then he will probably still lose as Usyk could beat him at 10%

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Why does it always take Matchroom so long to announce a fight. It’s always announcements about announcements.
                Exactly !! what is holding this up - bit like Canelo fights - makes me suspect that someone is cycling off PEDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

If he goes to war he will get hit on the chin and stopped

If he tries to box he gets schooled

Usyk schooled him and easily shook off Joshuas best shots

Joshua has no chance unless Usyk is severely distracted by the war, doesn't train, doesn't care about the fight and even then he will probably still lose as Usyk could beat him at 10%
                  I read that Usyk has lost 20lbs since the last fight - that would mean his shots carry less power and Joshua can walk him down with less respect - could be BS though plus still time to put a bit of weight back on

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post

i don’t think AJ has the mentality to go to war now. He’s a timid fighter. Once you lose that ability and mentality, you can’t really turn it back on.

If I’m AJ, I’m treating this as a 3 or 4 round fight. He hasn’t got the stamina to fight Usyk over 12. The last fight was not high intensity really but AJ was still collapsing from fatigue by the end. If AJ tries to put it on Usyk, he’s going to gas in 3 or 4 rounds anyway but maybe it’s his best chance.

he can’t outbox Usyk, he loses that kind of fight 100 times out of 100, and he hasn’t got the stamina to think about really taking it to Usyk for more than 4 rounds because he’ll get stopped once he gassed. So it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start fast and gamble and just treat it as a 4 round fight. He won’t though, he hasn’t got the minerals for it now.

I don’t really see how he has a chance otherwise. I didn’t think AJ stood a chance in the first fight and nothing has changed. The fact AJ tried to even box with Usyk was laughable though, I have no idea what he was thinking.

Next fight will be more of the same, AJ will talk a great game about his new mentality but will revert to type in the ring once he gets clipped with a few straight lefts from Usyk. Usyk probably takes him out this time, they won’t trust the judges this time around. They’ll do anything to get the belts back.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-17-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X