Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: Fight With Gilberto Ramirez Is Interesting, But I Would First Like To Fight For More Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol: Fight With Gilberto Ramirez Is Interesting, But I Would First Like To Fight For More Belts

Dmitry Bivol was an interested observer during this past weekend's light heavyweight title eliminator, though not necessarily in search of his next opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why wait? Bivol said he received no damage in the Alvarez fight, bruised arm only. He could already have the fight scheduled for the same weekend as the Smith Jr. and Beterbeiv unification. Build the fight up right, get the notorious notoriety of the Mexican fan base watching, make tons of money. It so easy from behind this keyboard.

Comment

Well Ramirez just beat the #1 ranked so he is mandatory for your belt Bivol.
      AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Bivol has shown himself to be a likable person let him sell himself more before this fight happens, Gilbert doesn't speak English and has done zero to earn a fight with the Russian

Comment

Understandable....Bivol gives Gilberto that work as well imo.
          blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I know Canelo is the "star" and all, but why does Bivol who simply defended his title successfully and dominantly "have to wait" for the beaten challenger to excercise a rematch? Now technically I know the answer I guess, but I thought it made more sense that the champion has the rematch clause for a chance to regain their lost title. This sounds more like a rematch clause to please the star. I don't see this as Canelo "deserving" a rematch but more so getting a chance to rewrite the script
            Last edited by TyrantT316; 05-16-2022, 09:32 AM.
            AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
              Bivol has shown himself to be a likable person let him sell himself more before this fight happens, Gilbert doesn't speak English and has done zero to earn a fight with the Russian
              Ramirez does speak English. He might have done zero to earn this fight in your eyes, but he is ranked #1 at that weight for that organization, so I am not sure where you get your information from.

landotter landotter AeroED AeroED like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BZBEE View Post

Ramirez does speak English. He might have done zero to earn this fight in your eyes, but he is ranked #1 at that weight for that organization, so I am not sure where you get your information from.

I don't give a duck about the information, I'm interested in how I feel about the potential fight, arm chair boxing fans have no idea who Gilbert is .... You twat.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

I don't give a duck about the information, I'm interested in how I feel about the potential fight, arm chair boxing fans have no idea who Gilbert is .... You twat.
                  Your feelings are not used to rank a fighter, he is ranked #1. facts are facts. Ramirez speaks better english than Bivol is also a fact.
                  AeroED AeroED bigsmoothh bigsmoothh like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                    I know Canelo is the "star" and all, but why does Bivol who simply defended his title successfully and dominantly "have to wait" for the beaten challenger to excercise a rematch? Now technically I know the answer I guess, but I thought it made more sense that the champion has the rematch clause for a chance to regain their lost title. This sounds more like a rematch clause to please the star. I don't see this as Canelo "deserving" a rematch but more so getting a chance to rewrite the script
                    Because it's prize fighting, and believe it or not the belts aren't the prize they are referring to so when you get a chance to fight Canelo you willingly agree to a rematch in the contract, knowing it may be your 2 biggest pay days of your entire career.
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X