Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Agit Kabayel, Cissokho vs. Saidi, Legrand, Ziani, Prat, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Agit Kabayel, Cissokho vs. Saidi, Legrand, Ziani, Prat, More

German heavyweight Agit Kabayel (21-0 / 23-2) was a "surprise guest" at the SES' show in Magdeburg on May 14. Kabayel floored Czech journeyman Pavel Sour four times and won on a first round stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kabayel v Wallin

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
      Kabayel v Wallin
      Good choice, but let's see how he gets on with Booker. There's plenty of desent contenders for the European title out there, so if not Wallin then how about Hughie Fury, Murat Gassiev, Robert Helinius or Filip Hergoviv?...

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

Good choice, but let's see how he gets on with Booker. There's plenty of desent contenders for the European title out there, so if not Wallin then how about Hughie Fury, Murat Gassiev, Robert Helinius or Filip Hergoviv?...
        Hughie is either fighting Helenius (ordered by WBA for eliminator i believe) or Michael Hunter. Hrgovic will have his IBF eliminator with Jimmy Wang Yang rescheduled so maybe Gassiev? Pulev? Not sure who he will fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Hughie is either fighting Helenius (ordered by WBA for eliminator i believe) or Michael Hunter. Hrgovic will have his IBF eliminator with Jimmy Wang Yang rescheduled so maybe Gassiev? Pulev? Not sure who he will fight.
          He’s fighting Hunter mate. I think the original plan was it to be on the undercard of Shields-Marshall in July but that fight is getting pushed back to August/September now.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He’s fighting Hunter mate. I think the original plan was it to be on the undercard of Shields-Marshall in July but that fight is getting pushed back to August/September now.
            So Hughie/Hunter is a go? I knew it was him or Helenius. Will that be a WBA eliminator? I know they ordered a Hughie/Helenius bout a few months ago but never really heard much since. Missed the Hunter/Forrest fight but read he may have lost that bout in the eyes of most. Even if that was the case I think Hunter gives Hughie more problems than Helenius. I think Hughie has vastly improved the last few times out against Hammer & Wach. He never had those experience building 2nd tier HW fights other than beating Rudenko. It was either donestic level or world level & he was 0-3 against top world level fighters. Taking that step back & fighting Wach & Hammer was a good move by his team. He is now ready for another crack at a top 20 contender. Hunter is a tough fight. I’m curious if Hasim Rahman is still his trainer? I thought he did a pretty good job with him but missed his last fight so not sure if they still working together.
            Last edited by joe strong; 05-16-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              So Hughie/Hunter is a go? I knew it was him or Helenius. Will that be a WBA eliminator? I know they ordered a Hughie/Helenius bout a few months ago but never really heard much since. Missed the Hunter/Forrest fight but read he may have lost that bout in the eyes of most. Even if that was the case I think Hunter gives Hughie more problems than Helenius. I think Hughie has vastly improved the last few times out against Hammer & Wach. He never had those experience building 2nd tier HW fights other than beating Rudenko. It was either donestic level or world level & he was 0-3 against top world level fighters. Taking that step back & fighting Wach & Hammer was a good move by his team. He is now ready for another crack at a top 20 contender. Hunter is a tough fight. I’m curious if Hasim Rahman is still his trainer? I thought he did a pretty good job with him but missed his last fight so not sure if they still working together.
              Yeah a deal has been agreed. Just waiting on a date and venue.

Hunter looked really flat vs Forrest but I agree he can give Hughie problems, on his day Hunter is a top 10 HW. 50/50 fight for me.

Not sure if he’s still with Rahman tbh mate. Don’t remember hearing they’d split so I’m guessing they’re still working together.

Comment

Some good info in here, glad to see Cissokho fighting for the European title

Comment

Working...
                X