Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boots Ennis: "I've Been Ready Since 2018. They're Just Making It Worse On Themselves"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boots Ennis: "I've Been Ready Since 2018. They're Just Making It Worse On Themselves"

By Corey Erdman - There's a lot to be frightened by when you're in the ring with Jaron "Boots" Ennis. There's his blinding hand speed, his concussive power, or the fact that he can unleash either of those attributes right-handed or left-handed. But what's most unnerving is how relaxed he is while doing it all. Boots enters the ring with a nonchalance and a smile that only leaves him during the periods he needs to chomp down on his mouthpiece. If not for that, he'd be grinning ear to ear, perfectly relaxed and confident that he can dispatch even a top-level, solid welterweight whenever he pleases.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know there's a big hype about this guy and Vergil Ortiz but I'm not seeing anything special at all. I know it's not my eyes either. Maybe I'll be wrong in 4 years. I repeat, I see nothing. Let's tone down the hype.
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-16-2022, 12:45 AM.
    MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Boots had the most cringe worthy Entourage i have ever seen in my life. The kid has done nothing, fought no one, created no legacy for himself. He hasn't created a lane & he is almost 25 (hasn't taken a live oppnent) Everyone has ether been undersized or bums, But yet he has a entourage calling rank & mocking, as if he has done anything. By the time boots is so called ready from his team both spence and crawford would have moved up to 154, spence 160. Porter is out of the door. The top 3 guys will be gone......Danny semi there Thurman semi there.
      Last edited by Godsfly; 05-16-2022, 12:46 AM.
      BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
        Boots had the most cringe worthy Entourage i have ever seen in my life. The kid has done nothing, fought no one, created no legacy for himself. He hasn't created a lane & he is almost 25 (hasn't taken a live oppnent) Everyone has ether been undersized or bums, But yet he has a entourage calling rank & mocking, as if he has done anything. By the time boots is so called ready from his team both spence and crawford would have moved up to 154, spence 160. Porter is out of the door. The top 3 guys will be gone......Danny semi there Thurman semi there.
        This guy reminds me of someone who'll be on the sidelines like Vernon Forrest, Andrade, Bradley, etc, while the divisions are hot. On the sidelines. Secondary. That's if he makes it even that far. He seems like that already. Same with Ortiz. I think even less of him. He won't dream to make it to the Victor Ortiz level.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-16-2022, 12:58 AM.
        M111 M111 likes this.

Comment

I think it’s more nuanced than that. I’ve been a boxing fan for over 40 years now. In boots I do genuinely see flashes of Roy Jones, Mayweather, Camacho etc etc but that’s the point.

What folks need to remember is it’s one thing looking like that against the Lipnets of this world but a whole different ballgame looking like that against the Thurmans and Crawfords of this world.

Personally based on what I’ve seen and a deep understanding of the game I do believe he’ll go all the way, but it’s how he copes when he hits that first moment of proper adversity that will tell us whether he has the capacity to be great or not. The Lipnets of this world aren’t enough to draw that out.

I think Boots vs Crawford is the very best fight that could possibly be made at 147. I think Crawford knocks out Spence relatively easily.
          Last edited by M111; 05-16-2022, 03:33 AM.

Comment

He's stopped Dulorme and Lipinets, both decent guys for a challenger working his way up, can't see any issue with that. He is obviously a wanabe star but which person isn't these days?

Anyway, undisputed needs to be next and Ennis is the best challenger out there unless Taylor moves up.

I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

This guy reminds me of someone who'll be on the sidelines like Vernon Forrest, Andrade, Bradley, etc, while the divisions are hot. On the sidelines. Secondary. That's if he makes it even that far. He seems like that already. Same with Ortiz. I think even less of him. He won't dream to make it to the Victor Ortiz level.
              Coming across all salty already as he's taking away some of Tank's hype.
              kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

You criticizing Ennis for not fighting the fights? Name an opponent he should fight!
                Spence and Crawford should fight each other.
                Thurman and Garcia will avoid Ennis like the plague unless they get paid stupid money for ending their careers.
                Ortiz - they can and should fight while Bud and Spence get it on - but likely they'll be kept apart for business reasons
                Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Coming across all salty already as he's taking away some of Tank's hype.
                  Not at all. He's nothing special at 25 with 29 fights. He ain't a prospect. As I say, you can't force a star to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post
                    I think it’s more nuanced than that. I’ve been a boxing fan for over 40 years now. In boots I do genuinely see flashes of Roy Jones, Mayweather, Camacho etc etc but that’s the point.

What folks need to remember is it’s one thing looking like that against the Lipnets of this world but a whole different ballgame looking like that against the Thurmans and Crawfords of this world.

Exactly, I've learnt this over rhe last 15 yeaes watching boxing. Look at josh kelly he looked grwat until ray Robinson and avanesyan. So basically as soon as he met fighters of a decent calibre. Canelo was a monster beating up BJS at 168(bjs prime 10 years ago at mw) once he fought a current prime in their own weight class(bivol) looks totally different. And agaim Adrien broner suddenly looked trash when he stopped been a weight bully. Spence was levels above his competitors on the way up but soon became human and competetive when he faced fellow world level guys. This whats make fury dominating whyte and wilder(2) all the more so impressive and usyk beating down joshua. Thats prime for prime competetive bouts. Like when naz schooled kelly its really an impressive sight to see two world level guys and one get totally outclassed

Comment

Working...
                    X