Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Warns 147: Anyone Can Get it Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Warns 147: Anyone Can Get it Right Now!

Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California - In what was supposed to be the toughest test of his career, Jaron "Boots" Ennis again made a mockery of pre-fight expectations, stopping the previously undefeated Custio Clayton via a second-round stoppage in an IBF welterweight title eliminator in the telecast co-feature in another scintillating performance from the Philly fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ennis is good but he is not the boogeyman…the guy he fought just laid down to get a check and his resume is not that impressive

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
      Ennis is good but he is not the boogeyman…the guy he fought just laid down to get a check and his resume is not that impressive
      And why would Clayton do that? When he cut even with lipinets Amal’s many thought he won. No such thing as being that good huh?

Comment

The skill is clearly there but until he can prove it against elite level comp,it's just too early to anoint him anything more than just a great blue chip prospect with a high ceiling. Him vs Ortiz will be one hell of fight,whether it be at 147 or 154. Ortiz isn't "flashy" but he already has one of the smartest/strongest jabs in all of boxing,is just as big,relentless and has power in both hands. Both being the same age,one can hope we get a possible trilogy between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

And why would Clayton do that? When he cut even with lipinets Amal’s many thought he won. No such thing as being that good huh?
          Lets not act like Lip wasnt fighting above his weightclass, is small af and only took the fight cause there were none at '40 atm. Ennis is good but last nights fight was vs a nobody as well. Clayton hadnt made no big moves at '47 AND we're still waiting for Boots to do the same. I wonder why Al and his people dont push Thurman, Danny G or Ugas to fight him. Thats when we'll know if Boots is the goods, fr fr.

Comment

Ennis is very special. He is going to take over the division and boxing.

The sky's the limit, Mayweather-esque levels, if he can dominate tough opposition the way he's doing to the lower levels. I think he will.
            mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
              The skill is clearly there but until he can prove it against elite level comp,it's just too early to anoint him anything more than just a great blue chip prospect with a high ceiling. Him vs Ortiz will be one hell of fight,whether it be at 147 or 154. Ortiz isn't "flashy" but he already has one of the smartest/strongest jabs in all of boxing,is just as big,relentless and has power in both hands. Both being the same age,one can hope we get a possible trilogy between them.
              That’s true. Anthony Yarde comes to mind. Although two different fighters, the hype was there but he didn’t really live up to it. We definitely can’t anoint Ennis as THE guy until he starts facing and beating elite level fighters. He certainly passes the eye test but who doesn’t when fighting guys a level below you?
              Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Ennis is good and has a good foundation in boxing being trained by his father and having his brothers in his corner. He has done everything right in his career up to this point. Now he needs to fight the champions in order to take over the division. Every great fighter has to start somewhere. Ali, Foreman, Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Hagler, Ray Robinson, etc. BTW, they will not let him fight Virgil Ortiz.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I’m going to repeat Tim Bradley’s opinion on Ennis vs. a Spence or Crawford. Either they face him soon while he’s still young and developing or they wait it out and risk facing a much tougher and more developed fighter.

my opinion is that Ennis is skilled and seems to have the goods. But he’s yet to face elite level fighters. I’m not going to say he beats a Spence or Crawford but the more time that passes while he continues to call them out, the more fans will began to start clamoring for those showdowns. If Ennis continues to win impressively and starts beating credible guys, the less room Spence and Crawford will have to disregard him as simply someone that isn’t on their level. They can brush him off but for how long before fans start calling them duckers?
                  sceneboxing sceneboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                    I think he's long passed the prospect stage -he's no. 4 in the ring rankings and I'd say he's a genuine contender but just lacking resume. I'd say blue chip prospect is an olympic medallist 4-5 ights into there career. Ortiz is a contender too. Ditto Stanionis, but less so. I'd be amazed if the Crawford-Spence fight doesn't get made now because the alternative is for them to fight high-risk, low-reward fights against the aforementioned fighters.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X