Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Think Canelo Will Be Desperate To Correct Loss in Bivol Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Think Canelo Will Be Desperate To Correct Loss in Bivol Rematch

Manchester boxing legend Ricky Hatton believes Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has found himself in a similar situation to British star Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hatton is spot on canelo will want the rematch pay Bivol handsomely like he deserves, come in fully prepared not underestimate him and put all his tool to work to right that wrong.
    Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

I am amazed nobody’s don’t realise the old saying a big good fighter always beats a smaller good fighter

Comment

I think there is no rush to have the rematch. Obviously there is the contract clause but that doesn't matter because Bivol will always agree to fight him again, and as far as I'm aware Bivol is not moving up?

There seems a lot to overcome like that jab of Bivol's - the best in boxing? - and closing distance and unloading when he is on the ropes, but that all depends on stamina levels.

Comment

Calling it now, Canelo wins by brutal KO in the rematch.

Canelo made simple errors (no jab being the main one, and showboating his defense), and Canelo has proved he can take the best shots of Bivol.
          Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

yeah he will be desperate to win but hes not good enough although technically he only has to win one more round to avoid defeat with the judges he has. not being dramatic but after what happened in the first fight he needs to seriously consider retirement, hes got enough money in the bank and the sad thing is he could end up becoming a stepping stone opponent, a 'name on the record' so to speak because its open season on canelo now and everyone knows that he cant adjust, the fear factors gone completely, that was a lacy v calzaghe type schooling and canelo will never be the same, not that he was ever that great in the first place.if he fights benavidez at 168 he would get seriously hurt, beterbiev would stop him within 6, and obviously he would lose to andrade and charlo so its hard to see where he goes from here. maybe rob GGG a third time at 168 and retire after that, hes got lots of money in the bank and been fighting since a young age so time to hang up the gloves, hes had some great nights in the sport who can forget them blockbuster clashes with rocky fielding and yildirim or the time he managed to stop amir khan who he dragged up in weight. just amazing

Comment

He was blown out. That wasn't a 115-113 fight. So basically you rig the rematch for him to win. To beat Bivol, he has to turn around 7 rounds, and find magically power (uppercuts, body shots and hooks around the guard did not affect Bivol) Stay out of the division. No one has time for his BS. This is like a Wilder /Fury II and III match up if fought on even terms.

Comment

Going into the rematch now only increase canelo loss records. Canelo does not match Bivol in Boxing ability, power and Speed. All body shots by canelo were blocked to no effect, head shots blocked and uppercut to no effect. Bivol is bigger, stronger and technically ahead. Canelo ate so many combo even more than his 1st loss.

Comment

I’m sure there are judges just lining up to score the fight for Canelo should it take place, backed up by all the money men of the boxing establishment who stand to line their pockets from a popular Mexican fighter riding a manufactured win streak. “The face of boxing” my arse

Comment

He doesn't have much of a choice. His stock value has taken a huge nose-dive since his loss to Dmitry Bivol, If he doesn't avenge his rematch then he will no longer be the cash cow of boxing.

He would no longer be in demand from Showtime. Those multi-million dollar offers they were offering him have now shipped and sailed. He done really fucked up now. He gambled and loss.

There is no way he is defeating Dmitry in a rematch because Bivol is simply the better fighter and he has proven it. Canelo had chosen the lesser of two evils and just crapped out.

Comment

Working...
                    X