Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Drops Brian Castano Twice, Stops Him in Tenth To Become Undisputed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Drops Brian Castano Twice, Stops Him in Tenth To Become Undisputed

By Keith Idec - CARSON, California - Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano delivered an indisputable "Fight of the Year" candidate for nine-plus rounds Saturday night. Then Charlo delivered the knockout he promised in their immediate rematch to become boxing's undisputed 154-pound champion. Charlo dropped Castano twice during the 10th round and stopped the previously unbeaten WBO junior middleweight champion in a main event Showtime televised from Dignity Health Sports Park.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-14-2022, 11:24 PM.

Unified WBC, WBA, and IBF 154-pound world champion Jermell Charlo and WBO 154-pound world champion Brian Castaño meet in a highly-anticipated rematch for undisputed status at 154 pounds this Saturday, May 14 live on SHOWTIME from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event.

Also featured is unbeaten welterweight rising star Jaron “Boots” Ennis and undefeated Canadian Olympian Custio Clayton, who meet in an IBF Welterweight Title Eliminator in the co-main event. Puerto Rico’s Emanuel Rivera also squares off against Mexican contender Kevin González in the super bantamweight telecast opener of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Comment

Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! WAR El Boxi and WAR Boots !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Unified WBC, WBA, and IBF 154-pound world champion Jermell Charlo and WBO 154-pound world champion Brian Castaño meet in a highly-anticipated rematch for undisputed status at 154 pounds this Saturday, May 14 live on SHOWTIME from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif., headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event.

Also featured is unbeaten welterweight rising star Jaron “Boots” Ennis and undefeated Canadian Olympian Custio Clayton, who meet in an IBF Welterweight Title Eliminator in the co-main event. Puerto Rico’s Emanuel Rivera also squares off against Mexican contender Kevin González in the super bantamweight telecast opener of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.
        I’d LOVE to see Charla get ran over BUT I don’t see Castano changing much of what he did. Charlo CAN adjust more cause he has a deeper amount of size intelligence. Yea, I actually complimented Charla.

Comment

I think Jermell will win this one. It might not be by KO but it won't be a questionable victory either.

Jermell has came back from setbacks before and shown to improve from them.

Taking that draw was a setback and we'll probably see a better Jermell this time around.

Hard to gauge Castano but I suspect he'll bring much of the same. Whereas Jermell can approach the fight different than before, specially if he shows respect to Castano's strengths. If he doesn't respect that inside game then he'll lose, simple as. (Judges won't be giving a draw this time)

Comment

I'm excited for this main event today! I'm rooting for Charlo, I know people think he's not the most likable guy but there's something about him that I like, haha... Seems mad all the time, probably a few loose screws, who knows. A lot of respect to Castano though, I believe he won the first fight.. Seems like a good guy. But respect to the both of them for taking the rematch. It's safe to say Jermell is always trying to fight the best and that needs to be recognized whether you like the guy or not.

People say the 154 division is weak then turn around and go applaud Crawford for achieving undisputed in some extremely weak/wack ass 140 division.

Strange.

Comment

Was leaning towards a Charlo KO/TKO but i'm not sure, castanos seems to have an excellent chin

Comment

Charlo just has to change the look of the fight. Don't get steered along the ropes for half the fight and things should go better for him. He trying to jab off the ropes and Castano has his timing from there, it's not a good look in those areas

I think it's a fight that could start like it finished so we will see early on what kind of adjustments Charlo has come up with.

Comment

the people talking about charlo making adjustments, have seen charlo harrison II? i mean, the guy didn't change nothing, in fact, it was harrison making an even better fight than the first one and winning until he decided to start fooling around in the 11th giving charlo an oportunity. he can make adjustments as much as brian can, people are sleeping on brian thinking he is just a preasure fighter. i see this fight going just like the first fight, but is so 50-50 that anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    the people talking about charlo making adjustments, have seen charlo harrison II? i mean, the guy didn't change nothing, in fact, it was harrison making an even better fight than the first one and winning until he decided to start fooling around in the 11th giving charlo an oportunity. he can make adjustments as much as brian can, people are sleeping on brian thinking he is just a preasure fighter. i see this fight going just like the first fight, but is so 50-50 that anything can happen.
                    Castano just has that way to maneuver guys, even against Lara he got him in the spots he wanted so he may not really need to adjust because it looked like he won the first fight doing what he normally does (not saying he shouldn't be ready for anything). But he may still have Charlo's timing down at the very start of this fight. it could start like it finished. If Charlo has no way to adapt, I won't be be surprised at all to see Castano steer him right back to the same spots in the 1st round, I will be looking for that. Enjoy bro
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 05-14-2022, 06:50 PM.
                    Southpawology Southpawology likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X