Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade-Parker: WBO Withdraws Sanction of Interim Super Middleweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade-Parker: WBO Withdraws Sanction of Interim Super Middleweight Title Fight

Zach Parker is back to square one and without a clear path to a due title shot. The World Boxing Organization (WBO) has withdrawn its sanctioning of a previously approved interim super middleweight title fight between England's Parker and WBO middleweight titlist Demetrius Andrade, the sanctioning body ruled late Friday evening. A shoulder injury suffered by Providence's Andrade (31-0, 19KOs) requiring surgery forced a postponement of their scheduled May 21 bout at Pride Park in Parker's home region of Derby, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So the winner of Canelo-Golovkin III will be due two mandatories back to back(WBO and WBC) in exchange for allowing the Bivol and Golovkin fights.

WBO withdrawing the sanction makes sense. Andrade allegedly needing four months in recovery and then a training camp likely means an Oct-Nov reschedule and that could conflict with the WBO if the impose a 90 day deadline for Canelo-Golovkin III winner to make his mandatory defense.

Comment

This is exactly why Parker should never have relinquished the Britiah title. He's now without a dance partner where as he could have defended against the likes of John Ryder & Lerrone Richards ETC & maybe won a Lonsdale belt outright. As it stands he could well retire without having a meaningful belt to display. having said that maybe Frank could set him up with EBU champ Kevin Sado.

Comment

I knew Andrade would try somehow to get out of this. He never wanted to travel in the first place.

Lucky bastard. Parker was about to make me more money by knocking Andrade out. It's ok, i've made plenty the past 2 years. I can let this one slide.

Comment

Andrade is the definition of a duck he ducked Janibek and now Parker. Get him outta here good riddance.

Comment

I wish the writers on this site would stop referring to a ‘pandemic’.

The only pandemic is the current swathe of experimental jab related injuries and illnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              This is exactly why Parker should never have relinquished the Britiah title. He's now without a dance partner where as he could have defended against the likes of John Ryder & Lerrone Richards ETC & maybe won a Lonsdale belt outright. As it stands he could well retire without having a meaningful belt to display. having said that maybe Frank could set him up with EBU champ Kevin Sado.
              He's the mandatory. Odds are he fights a stay busy bout this summer, and then for the title, vacant or no, this winter or next spring.

He'll be alright.
              RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Andrade was NEVER taking this fight..

made absolutely no sense for him to do so..

go to the UK for a marginal payday just to get ROBBED like every other American fighter in the UK

Comment

The fight was never happening, it was just an excuse for Andrade to avoid his wbo mandatory @ 160.

These "interim" titles and "interim title unifications" are complete bs, and just another way for "sanctioning bodies" to extract fees.

Comment

I don’t wanna see one person ever try to vouch for this idiot Andrade ever again.

he’s ducked tough comp his whole life. Claims everyone avoids him. Total joke. He wants a Canelo payday and that’s all he ever wanted. Horrible fighter and even worse man.

Comment

Working...
                    X