Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Last Two Years at 175 Was Miserable, Making Weight Was Killing Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Last Two Years at 175 Was Miserable, Making Weight Was Killing Me

Sergey "The Krusher" Kovalev (34-4, 29 KOs), living in Long Beach, CA, will fight Tervel Pulev in his cruiserweight debut on Saturday, May 14 at The Kia Forum in Inglewood, CA and will be streamed live on Triller and Fite.tv.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Talking like that, he better be ripped to shreds at cruiserweight. Because alcohol weight doesn’t count. Not wanting to get rid of all that beer is not a good reason to not want to make 175 anymore. Talking about you can’t make weight anymore then coming on like a fat slob at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Talking like that, he better be ripped to shreds at cruiserweight. Because alcohol weight doesn’t count. Not wanting to get rid of all that beer is not a good reason to not want to make 175 anymore. Talking about you can’t make weight anymore then coming on like a fat slob at cruiserweight.
      That's exactly what I was thinking too. He says now he can eat anything he wants but I'm thinking it's more he's an alcoholic and don't wanna give up the sauce

Comment

Well, at least he's honest about it primarily being about money.

No shame in that.

Boxing's a brutal sport that takes everything from it's participants, but I hope he's not just moving up so he can keep drinking.

Comment

Interesting insight from Kovalev.

He could do well at cruiserweight, for the few fights he still wants in boxing. I guess I don't like the optics of a former top champion calling out Jake Paul.

But hey, Jake does bring extra money in I guess, call it a circus or not.

You know he's achieved some success and fame when guys like Breidis and Kovalev say they'd fight Jake.

It's the big picture, make as much money as possible and get out of boxing with health intact.

Look at the mma guys wanting a big payday in boxing. Ngannou won't be embarassed if Fury KO's him in one round, if he walks away with 10 to 20 million dollars or more.
          P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Talking about you can’t make weight anymore then coming on like a fat slob at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              I hope he's not just moving up so he can keep drinking.
              Is water wet? Come on. Dude is an alcoholic.

Comment

Apparently Kovalev has done great in sparring, I heard he's been destroying Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels day after day

Comment

Wonder how hard it would be to go back a couple of years and find all the articles leading up to the two fights he is talking about and read how he said he was never in better shape and that he had the best training camps ever? Not that I am doubting him. That whole "hindsight is 20/20" cliché I am sure applies, but I am also sure that mid-section that was exposed by Andre Ward and exploited to perfection by Canelo will hold up just fine against the naturally bigger and stronger fighters at 190 and above after two years of inactivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X