Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: July 16 Set Aside For Ryan Garcia; WBC Ordered Cruz Fight, Let's Make It Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: July 16 Set Aside For Ryan Garcia; WBC Ordered Cruz Fight, Let's Make It Happen

The recent announcement by the WBC slightly altered Golden Boy Promotions' plans to announce the next fight for Ryan Garcia. That doesn't mean they can't adapt and move forward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cryan Garcia better have that jab and left hook on display all fight long or he's getting sent to the moon
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      Cryan Garcia better have that jab and left hook on display all fight long or he's getting sent to the moon
      He just doesn't have Gamboa's toughness

Comment

It would seem that these 'Garcia's' have a hard time meeting demands set by the WBC at 135. I remember when Mickey Garcia held the WBC lightweight title hostage whilst moving around up in weight, it was horrible. Mickey never fought Golden-Boy's Jorge Linares ( or Vasily Lomachenko ), even though Linares was the WBC diamond-belt champ.

The World Boxing Council let Mikey fight that hype-job at the time Dejan Zlaticanin way back in 2017, and then let Mickey play games until he left the lightweight division.

So here we got this other 'Garcia' ( Ryan ) doing the most, living up to Mickey's legacy of wasting everyone's time, but helping Mauricio Sulaiman collect sanctioning fees for WBC 'Silver' 'Interim' titles ; even though Ryan could of fought Devin 'The Dream' Haney anytime he wanted.

A soft coward, cherry-picker, is what I see, letting everyone fight his fights like : Jo-Jo Diaz taking care of Javier Fortuna and Devin Haney removing Jorge Linares out of the way -- Ryan was appointed to face both of mentioned fighters by the WBC. The worst duck was probably old Jorge Linares, old enough to be Ryan's father ; Linares was also with Golden-Boy, Ryan's own promoter.

I'm thinking why should Ryan take a risk? Devin Haney might even vacate the belts if he beats George Kamboso.

Comment

De La Hoya says there shouldn't be any reason the fight doesnt get made but I'll be surprised if it does

Comment

Fight not happening unless the pay Cruz some crazy money... PBC not letting Cruz go over to Dazn unless they pay him 1.5 or 2 mil.... and they want the fight in California... Trick me... Ryan will be fighting his last opponent lil brother ha ha

Comment

They wont agree a deal between the 2 due to network conflicts... let it simply go to purse bids and end this common issue for a change.

Comment

I think Garcia dominates unless he breaks both hands on Pitbull's iron skull.

Comment

Oscar, get your purse bid money ready! Actions speak louder than words!

Comment

Ryan keeps calling the short guys out because he thinks that he will be in a huge advantage. I predict another injury or mental break down and off to another tune-up fight.

His career his forming like Brook. Apparent talent but it took forever to fight a name of note.

Comment

Working...
                    X