Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hamzah Sheeraz Voted Young Boxer of the Year By UK Boxing Writers' Club

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hamzah Sheeraz Voted Young Boxer of the Year By UK Boxing Writers' Club

Hamzah Sheeraz, the unbeaten middleweight, has been voted Young Boxer of the Year. The 22-year-old from Slough was voted for the award by members of the Boxing Writers' Club. He joins a prestigious roll call of former award winners that includes the likes of Randolph Turpin, John H Stracey, John Conteh, Frank Bruno, Naseem Hamed, Joe Calzaghe, Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-10-2022, 10:15 AM.

He should've been DQd against Skeete. He was probably the least deserving out of the list.
    evets evets Ronn Ronn like this.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
      He should've been DQd against Skeete. He was probably the least deserving out of the list.

Proof everyone can't be pleased. Had they stopped it, alot of people would've questioned Skeete's heart, and said he was getting knocked out anyway. Besides, this isn't soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
        sheeraz is a coward

Comment

Looking at replay again what Sheeraz did was categorically wrong (no excuses). Just can't help but feel some posters have 'other reasons' for hating on him - similar to how SOME posts hated Khan for good reasons (because he was doing moronic things) but others had ulterior motives clear from their language. My personal belief is that it was a heat of the moment thing - as you have to look at the full body of his work / fights. If he was regularly cheating or using roughhouse tactics then it would be fair to say he is a cheat, which other fights can you say he was doing this?

In this case people forget that he is 6ft 3 and looking down at Skeete who was kneeling down. It's possible that he wasn't 100% clear Skeete had touched the canvas. There are two or three replays - one of them (sideways camera angle) looks REALLY bad admittedly but others show he is looking vertically down.

I am sure some will 'permanently' now hate on him as it gives them a viable reason to do so. Personally I think he has a great attitude and enormous potential - he will learn and improve as a person from this.

NB I don't think the rematch offer from Sheeraz was a sincere one as Skeete made a good argument that due to BBoC guidelines he wasn't even allowed to spar for a few months but I think this was also Warren influence as they wanted to move up. I would have liked to see Sheeraz do the honorable thing and wait longer to give him a fair chance at rematch - just don't think that makes him an 'intrinsic' cheat.

Comment

Working...
          X