No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez-Dmitry Bivol: Stats and Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez-Dmitry Bivol: Stats and Stakes

By Cliff Rold - Momentum is a funny thing. Saul Alvarez has it. One can look at his lack of losses since the Floyd Mayweather fight and see his position in 2022 as a result of a constant. It's not. There's been a different level to Alvarez since the rematch victory over Gennady Golovkin. Caleb Plant, Sergey Kovalev, and Daniel Jacobs gave him good fights but there hasn't been anyone since that rematch that felt like they were going to beat him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, said Canelo was immediately cleaning up at 175, but now think this fight’s a major stumbling block for him.

Bivol late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      Yeah, said Canelo was immediately cleaning up at 175, but now think this fight’s a major stumbling block for him.

Bivol late stoppage
      I may drop some money on the upset.

Comment

Totally agree. I think Bivol is fresher than Kovalev and has a better work rate. Not so sure Canelo will catch up with him as he struggled with Kovalev’s range over the first half of the fight. I don’t think Bivol will wilt in the same way plus i think his jab coupled with his movement is actually better and expect that to compensate for Canelo growing into the weight better. I think Canelo will tire quicker against Bivol who uses way more feignts with his jab than Kov does - all that bobbing and upper body movement Canelo will need to avoid them will be draining.

Kov was on a short camp off the back off a very tough fight with Yarde too. People forget that. I may be wrong, Canelo might find the body early enough with one or two telling shots that take Bivol’s legs away, but personally i don’t think he will as Bivol is just too mobile. I also think Bivol will tag him once or twice and manage to keep him at range. I also don’t think Bivol will fight scared like Plant and Smith did and give up his advantages. It should be an excellent close fight. Can’t wait.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

I may drop some money on the upset.
          Not seen the odds, but is it right that they’re totally mad?

Comment

I bet Canelo by UD.

I am Elon Musk right now.

Comment

Odds trending upwards so someone is moving money, stateside or offshore. Canelo Alvarez: -450 · Dmitry Bivol: +350, -500 Canelo and Bivol as the +350, Canelo: -525. Bivol: -550 Charlo Bivol 400 ,

Hopkins - Canelo beats him easy
              BSC - Canelo already won the fight outside the ring before he steps in
              External Energy - He shouldn't be in the fight.

This thing could be -575 by the bell.

Another fraud fight. Some type of agreement has been signed and insiders know.

Hydration clauses on Fielding and Kovalev but you can fight Bivol straight up. Yeah, that's a good one.

Comment

Canelo on points

Comment

Bivol needs a knockout, which is almost impossible with Canelo's cinder block head. If Bivol doesn't knock him out, Canelo's judges will award him the fight. I could also see Canelo winning by a body shot knockout. In his training videos, he's been practicing a left hook to the body that looks like it could take down a building. If Bivol can't prevent that from landing on the liver, the fight will stop right there.

That said, however, I'm rooting for Bivol. Canelo needs a reminder that he's human after all, and maybe, just maybe, Bivol is the man that can deliver the message.
                  alexjust alexjust Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

the fight will be very competitive but i think canelo wins a decision a very close decision

Comment

Working...
                    X