Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Canelo-Spence Offer From PBC Smacks of 'Just Desperation'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Canelo-Spence Offer From PBC Smacks of 'Just Desperation'

Eddie Hearn could only scoff at the notion that Canelo Alvarez would seriously entertain fighting a welterweight at this point in the Mexican superstar's storied career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As desperate as Hearn is he isn't wrong. Just a cash out for pbc and the boxing drunk Spencer. He'll fight anyone but Crawford

Comment

Tbf im gonna agree with hearn on this one. I mean Errol is a top top fighter but jumping up 17lbs in weight to face canelo is a desperate attempt by PBC. I mean would we all watch that fight? Ofc but that's throwing Errol to the wolf's when he seems to be just getting his career back on track again

Comment

He talks about Pbc/Haymon more than his own fighters. He also talks like he owns Canelo. This is a misleading headline. They gave him 3 options.

We Offered Canelo $45M For Charlo; $55M For Spence At 164 Or Benavidez At 168

Those options are way better than the two guys Hearn are offering by a long shot. His offer seems more desperate tbh. John Ryder?
        Last edited by Amir Imam; 05-06-2022, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Canelo would bust the guy up.. very unlike pbc. They protect their guys

Comment

The picture they used for the article though

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post
              Is it that bad? Looks like Hearn might be a fun guy to hang around with.

I'd love to go out to dinner with a big time promoter and hear their stories. Arum, Haymon, Warren, Hearn Duva.

They'd all be fascinating - but I reckon Hearn and Duva would be the most fun and poe-faced Warren the least. Arum probably insufferable. Haymon? Would he send someone else?

Comment

Don't see why anyone taking it seriously. Both guys have their hands tied in different divisions, I seriously doubt either would halt their current plans to take on a fight that can easily happen "comfortably" in the future.
                boxing_hamza boxing_hamza likes this.

Comment

Spence looked excellent vs Ugas. But fighting Canelo at 164lbs would ruin his career like Kell Brook going up to 160 to fight GGG. He should focus on Crawford at 147 then if he beats Crawford, go up and fight the winner of Charlo-Castaņo. If he still wants to move up further, GGG coming off a loss to Canelo would be a good fight that fans would find intriguing. There’s also Munguia and Derevyanchenko if he’s looking for a war.

But stay away from Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post
                    They look like two fahgs.

Comment

Working...
                    X