Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez-Dmitry Bivol: Weigh-In Results From Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez-Dmitry Bivol: Weigh-In Results From Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez came in at almost exactly the same weight Friday as he did for his only other light heavyweight bout. Guadalajara's Alvarez was officially 174.4 pounds for his 12-round, 175-pound title fight against unbeaten WBA champion Dmitry Bivol on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. Bivol, of St. Petersburg, Russia, stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission's scale slightly heavier than Alvarez, at 174.6 pounds, on a makeshift stage outside of T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WAR Canelo!!!
    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Just got into Vegas saw some Mexican flags and Canelo gear at the airport and on the drive.
      Didn’t go to the weigh in but I’ll head to the strip later and be at the fight.
      I heard at the MGM there’s a pretty nice merch setup.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        Just got into Vegas saw some Mexican flags and Canelo gear at the airport and on the drive.
        Didn’t go to the weigh in but I’ll head to the strip later and be at the fight.
        I heard at the MGM there’s a pretty nice merch setup.
        Cool. Keep us posted.

Comment

These weigh ins are packed more than most fights.
          KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Going to be a good fight between 2 bums

Comment

Man bivol is big waaay bigger than Canelo. Wondering of he bit off more than he can chew. Bivol is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post
                Man bivol is big waaay bigger than Canelo. Wondering of he bit off more than he can chew. Bivol is massive.
                It’s going to be tough, physically and stylistically. Bivol is not just big and tall, he has skills.

Plant and Callum Smith are taller than Bivol but they’re not at his level of skill and toughness. Saunders is about the same size as Bivol too and very skilled, but again, not as tough as Bivol. Bivol has a mean streak to him that BJS, Plant and Smith lacked.

Bivol is more like Daniel Jacobs, who lost to Canelo 115-113 on two scorecards. I think Bivol is going to be more difficult than that Jacobs fight.

We may see a Draw here. Or even Bivol winning.
                BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

It’s going to be tough, physically and stylistically. Bivol is not just big and tall, he has skills.

Plant and Callum Smith are taller than Bivol but they’re not at his level of skill and toughness. Saunders is about the same size as Bivol too and very skilled, but again, not as tough as Bivol. Bivol has a mean streak to him that BJS, Plant and Smith lacked.

Bivol is more like Daniel Jacobs, who lost to Canelo 115-113 on two scorecards. I think Bivol is going to be more difficult than that Jacobs fight.

We may see a Draw here. Or even Bivol winning.
                  Does he have a mean streak? I agree that he's big, tall and has great skills, I've just never seen him in enough of a dog fight to tell.

My prediction is that if Bivol is tough enough to survive those moments of adversity, he should walk away with a close decision. If not, he gets KOd. Probably a close decision is more likely.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Yup.... Ginger road to overweight fame ends tomorrow ...
                    BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X