Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: 'I'm a Crowd Pleaser...I Stood Right in Front of Valdez and Gave Him What He Wanted'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: 'I'm a Crowd Pleaser...I Stood Right in Front of Valdez and Gave Him What He Wanted'

Shakur Stevenson believes he put on one of his more fan-friendly performances against Oscar Valdez. The southpaw ace from Newark, New Jersey, unified a pair of 130-pound belts on Saturday night, April 30, with his dominant 12-round decision over Valdez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wanted to reply to him saying he's a crowd pleaser but it left me speechless.

Comment

Really, I didn't see that

Comment

Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
        Really, I didn't see that
        Even when he knocked him down?

Comment

Shakur the man. Stop hating. Recognize skills and talent

Comment

Like him or not the kid has the ability to move up in the world. At 130 nobody beats him and anybody at 135 better bring their A game cause Shakur is an extremely gifted boxer. He can pot shot his way to victory everytime as long as he isnt getting hit. It's not the most crowd pleasing style but at the end of the day its hit and not get hit which he has perfected

Comment

Stevenson is all he says he is but the knockdown was partly because Valdez was off balance. Watch it again. But Valdez did not have the answer to Stevenson that night--maybe never will.
              charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Stevenson didn't move as much as he used to earlier in his career. Valdez just could not get past the jab and was not consistent enough with his offense. His straight right landed plenty but nothing after that.

Stevenson did run towards the end of the fight which left a sour taste in some fans mouth but overall a very good performance.

On to bigger and better things!

Comment

The guy has some serious talent
                  But I wouldn’t call him a crowd pleaser, his style just isn’t must-watch TV

That didn’t stop greats like Andre Ward though. With certain matchups he’ll be in some big fights down the line
                  icha icha likes this.

Comment

What? Tiptapping gloves and jumping back whenever a guy wants to fight is not entertaining. What makes Stevenson especially boring, is the fact he’s no sharpshooter. There were a few instances, but for the most part he was not making Valdez miss and pay. It was just hit gloves, step away, cuffing hook pivot repeat. Guy needs to learn how to put punishment on guys.
                    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X