Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White on Boxing: All Those F------- Guys Are Overpaid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White on Boxing: All Those F------- Guys Are Overpaid!

In the last few years, the UFC and company president Dana White have come under fire with respect to fighter pay. Numerous MMA combatants have complained about the tremendous gap between the revenue generated by the UFC and the amount of money their fighters are paid.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's underpaying his own fighters but doesn't make him wrong.
    tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

UFC is like Amazon who recruit third party sellers onto their platform which does very well, but the third party sellers have no power of their own and are absolutely easily replaced...and when the local sellers are not offering cheap enough prices, just bring in the chinese 9in this case, the dagestanis).

Boxing is more like an old school market where the sellers have to attract business by their own hussle. The promoter is just the newspaper they advertise through and the sanctioning bodies are the council. obviously mauricio sulaiman is just a peice of **** corrupt councillor.

Comment

**** this red faced coke head

Comment

MMA guys still living at home or with 4 roommates.

Comment

He's absolutely right. Boxers are overpaid, esp. A-listers.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

ufc is known to treat fighters/workers the shhh look at corey anderson gergard ect they couldve re signed to them but didnt for a reason. Alot to most are underpaid why does usman make less than spence yet usman #s are better why does crawford make more than amanda nunes when her #s look better. Dana good at promoting yet good at stealing and bullying fighters into signing contracts without agents or lawyer present. You got barenuckle folks making more that ko artist champion ngannou which is isane and says alot about the ufc pay
              Last edited by Ry92; 05-05-2022, 02:43 AM.
              real raw real raw billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

He’s not wrong here, many boxers today are indeed overpaid. Boxing is literally where it is because fighters demand the most for mediocre matchups.

Comment

So let's get this straight:

The ones from the bottom of society, ghettos, working class areas, traveller sites, council estates, who have few options for a comfortable existence but to hope to be lucky enough to "make it" in sports are 'overpaid', but somehow, administrators, chief executives, promoters, sponsors, and every other suit involved in sports, and from far more comfortable backgrounds that ensure they will NEVER have to physically labour to survive are not?

I see this argument in every sport, but you can quadruple my contempt for its emergence in boxing where you have to get your skull caved in.

**** OFF is my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                    He's absolutely right. Boxers are overpaid, esp. A-listers.
                    With respect, are journeymen overpaid? Most boxers aren't Floyd or Canelo. The majority are bottom of the barrel.

Also, what's overpaid when you get brain damage for a living? Is £100,000 on a one-off basis worth Parkinson's? What about £1m?

The vast majority don't earn the latter sum, but personally, I'd rather retain my faculties than take that cash. The only thing that would make me consider it is if I had few other options in life, which is the situation facing most ppl who get involved in boxing
                    Last edited by P to the J; 05-05-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X