Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis Feel Conor Benn is Being Protected, Wants Shot at Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis Feel Conor Benn is Being Protected, Wants Shot at Spence

WBA "regular" welterweight champion Eimantas Stanionis says Conor Benn is being 'protected' from facing him and disputes claims a fight between them would not sell many tickets.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would be worried for Conor if he fought Stanionis right now.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Stanionis is right about Benn - overprotect and starting to let the hype go to his head. That said, Stanionis should take some more step aside money and allow Spence-Crawford to happen - and then walk into a perfect situation when the winner quickly vacates the belts.

Comment

I'm not entirely sold on Stanionis yet. Solid and strong, but lacking that spark which separates great from just good fighters.

I, for one, would love to see him vs Benn, and I'm not sure Stanionis would win easy. Benn is awkward, he might surprise him from different angles.

I still think that Butaev could have defeated Stanionis, had he not foolishly played the bully instead of focusing on fighting.

Comment

There is a reason Benn will avoid real contenders. Benn wants drained Brook or Broner.

Comment

Thurman vs staniotis on showtime the week before spence vs crawford

Comment

Stanionis is a monster and super exciting to watch. Stanionis vs Lipinets would be a solid match up

Comment

Benn is being developed properly.

Vargas, Algieri, Van Heerden, Granados are good veterans who have the ability to upset a green fighter like Benn if he overlooks them.

Benn should keep fighting veterans like Brook, Khan, etc until about 27 years old. Keep developing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Benn is being developed properly.

Vargas, Algieri, Van Heerden, Granados are good veterans who have the ability to upset a green fighter like Benn if he overlooks them.

Benn should keep fighting veterans like Brook, Khan, etc until about 27 years old. Keep developing.
                  Why not fight someone in the Top 10?

Since he's ranked in the Top 10 himself he should be fighting other Top 10 ranked guys.
                  Sosay Sosay Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Why not fight someone in the Top 10?

Since he's ranked in the Top 10 himself he should be fighting other Top 10 ranked guys.
                    Who should he fight in the top 10? Why not someone who is solid but outside of the top 10? Before fighting Porter, Crawford fought Khan and Brook, who were outside the top 10 at 147. Why can’t Benn do that?

I think fans and media want to push every fighter to be a legend. But every fighter isn’t Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Mayweather fought Hernandez at 20-21 and the rest was history.

But not every fighter develops at the same rate. Anything can happen when you fight a rugged veteran. Look at who David Benavidez lost to (imo) and got knocked down by, Ronald Gavril.

Do you think Benn is ready to the best right now or do you think he has potential to get better? I saw flaws in him that he needs to correct before he fights the best fighters of the world.

With that said, I am not necessarily a fan of Benn. It’s just common sense. Not every fighter has to be moved at the speed of light. Gennady Golovkin became ridiculously hyped up and developed a considerably big fanbase despite his first win over a top 10 fighter being at 30 years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X