Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scott Alexander Replaces Filip Hrgovic As Zhang Zhilei's Opponent On Canelo-Bivol Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Scott Alexander Replaces Filip Hrgovic As Zhang Zhilei's Opponent On Canelo-Bivol Undercard

LAS VEGAS - It isn't the high-stakes elimination match for which Zhang Zhilei prepared, but it is better than having trained for nothing. BoxingScene.com has learned that the unbeaten Chinese heavyweight will square off against American Scott Alexander in a 10-round fight on the Canelo Alvarez-Dmitry Bivol undercard Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. Los Angeles' Alexander
    [Click Here To Read More]

Absolute CRAP.
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

May as well be Jason Alexander.

Comment

Yep sucks to be fair Ortiz headlined previously against a similar level opponent but that didn't go a round and this shouldn't either. I guess there is not a lot you can do with a weeks notice.

I believe they were putting Hirgovic first for the Euro audience so probably doesn't matter as much Stateside.

Comment

Don't worry, on Sunday morning Hrgović will already be crying when is his next fight and why does it take so long.
          Mofo was waiting till the fight week to tell them he can't fight.
          Frede6 Frede6 Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by rockybigblower View Post
            may as well be jason alexander.
            george is gettin upset

Comment

I was actually looking forward to this fight.
              P to the J P to the J AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

$60, even if you subscribe to DAZN?!

Jesus wept, and these MFs wonder why boxing's become niche in the last few decades...

The sport's leading figures will move heaven and high water to ensure the women's game is successful to try to reach a hitherto unrealized casual market, and a new supply line of practitioners, among young girls.

While I'm all for this, this will excuse them from trying to reform the game properly by making it more affordable, and getting rid of bent judges, etc. Until the time, in about 2045, when watching a second-rate card for a women's IBO headliner will cost you about $130 (with inflation), then they'll find themselves wondering why the game's dying all over again...
                AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
                  $60, even if you subscribe to DAZN?!

Jesus wept, and these MFs wonder why boxing's become niche in the last few decades...

The sport's leading figures will move heaven and high water to ensure the women's game is successful to try to reach a hitherto unrealized casual market, and a new supply line of practitioners, among young girls.

While I'm all for this, this will excuse them from trying to reform the game properly by making it more affordable, and getting rid of bent judges, etc. Until the time, in about 2045, when watching a second-rate card for a women's IBO headliner will cost you about $130 (with inflation), then they'll find themselves wondering why the game's dying all over again...
                  meh. Women's boxing is lame. I'm not paying for a fight unless I get to see it live. They aren't going to fix boxing. They're going to milk it dry. Same with the NFL. It's gone soft. They say they want it to be safer but they still allow players to launch and boxing should have mandatory testing that all sanctioning bodies should pay for. They don't care. Money. Money. Money.
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                    Don't worry, on Sunday morning Hrgović will already be crying when is his next fight and why does it take so long.
                    Mofo was waiting till the fight week to tell them he can't fight.
                    Buster Douglas fought with a heavy after his mother passed away & turned it into the biggest upset in HW boxing history. It is very sad news about his father but this could end up costing him.
                    TampaBayTimmy TampaBayTimmy likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X