Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kenichi Ogawa vs. Joe Cordina on June 4 in Cardiff, DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kenichi Ogawa vs. Joe Cordina on June 4 in Cardiff, DAZN

Joe Cordina will challenge Kenichi Ogawa for the IBF Super-Featherweight World Title at the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff on Saturday June 4, live worldwide on DAZN (excluding Australia and New Zealand).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm thinking maybe Cordina got the skills to win here

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I'm thinking maybe Cordina got the skills to win here
      I really like both fights on this card, might even go. Credit to Hearn for once.
      BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Good 2 fights actually, interested to see how the rest of the card fills out. Throwing Cordina in the deep end here, sink or swim time, I feel like he really could have used 1 more Euro level or gatekeeper type guy, Ogawa will bring it. I like Barrett/Kourbanov for the European title too, competitive fight

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I really like both fights on this card, might even go. Credit to Hearn for once.
          I'm guessing winners fight each other is the plan? Makes me wonder what's up with Rakhimov...

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm guessing winners fight each other is the plan? Makes me wonder what's up with Rakhimov...
            I thought he was supposed to get the next shot after Ogawa-Fuzile. The IBF usually follow through with that sort of stuff too.

Comment

I thought he was supposed to get the next shot after Ogawa-Fuzile. The IBF usually follow through with that sort of stuff too.
              I haven’t read that it was ordered again - when a guy pulls out of a fight with injury (or in this case COVID) they lose their spot when it comes to the IBF. Happened to Pulev when he had to pull out of the Joshua fight, and it took him some time to work his way back into getting that fight ordered again.

Comment

Yeah they don't play

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

I haven’t read that it was ordered again - when a guy pulls out of a fight with injury (or in this case COVID) they lose their spot when it comes to the IBF. Happened to Pulev when he had to pull out of the Joshua fight, and it took him some time to work his way back into getting that fight ordered again.
                  It must not have been. I assumed he retained the mandatory position cause he was still #1 in the IBF rankings but if Ogawa is making a voluntary he mustn’t be. He’ll probably have to fight in another eliminator like Pulev had to against Hughie Fury.

Comment

Working...
                  X