Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Riakporhe vs. Fabio Turchi on June 11 in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Riakporhe vs. Fabio Turchi on June 11 in London

Full steam ahead for 'The Midnight Train' Richard Riakporhe as he returns to action at the OVO Arena, Wembley on Saturday, June 11, live and exclusive on Sky Sports, to take on Italy's Fabio Turchi in an eliminator battle which will see the winner move up the cruiserweight rankings and in prime position to challenge reigning champion Maris Breidis later this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brown-Chelli is a really good fight. The rest of the card isn’t all that exciting though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Brown-Chelli is a really good fight. The rest of the card isn’t all that exciting though.
      Not familiar with those two. I wasn't terribly impressed with Turchi the few times I've seen him, he's solid and basic but that's about it. I expect Riakporhe to blast him out of there at some point. Only chance the Italian has is of he can survive Richard's early onslaught and takes advantage of him if/when he gasses.

Formella is tough and can take a beating as he proved against Porter and Benn but he doesn't bring much else to the table. I expect Kongo to win fairly comfortable on points.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Not familiar with those two. I wasn't terribly impressed with Turchi the few times I've seen him, he's solid and basic but that's about it. I expect Riakporhe to blast him out of there at some point. Only chance the Italian has is of he can survive Richard's early onslaught and takes advantage of him if/when he gasses.

Formella is tough and can take a beating as he proved against Porter and Benn but he doesn't bring much else to the table. I expect Kongo to win fairly comfortable on points.
        It’s a good domestic level fight, I doubt anybody outside the UK hardcores will be interested, definitely a fight I’m interested in though.

Yeah Riakporhe takes him out around the middle rounds IMO. I don’t think Formella will be able to cope with Kongo’s physicality either. Chris is massive for 147, wide UD for Kongo would be my prediction in that one also.
        PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

It’s a good domestic level fight, I doubt anybody outside the UK hardcores will be interested, definitely a fight I’m interested in though.

Yeah Riakporhe takes him out around the middle rounds IMO. I don’t think Formella will be able to cope with Kongo’s physicality either. Chris is massive for 147, wide UD for Kongo would be my prediction in that one also.
          The rest of us hardcores are interested too Fun main event and decent card, hope they find a solid opponent for Pigford

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

The rest of us hardcores are interested too Fun main event and decent card, hope they find a solid opponent for Pigford
            I’m quite a big Pigford fan tbh. I’d never heard of the guy and then I was at a Warren show (Davis-Walsh I think) and he was on the undercard in an absolute tear up, so I made sure to follow his career from that fight onwards. He’s not very skilled but always in exciting fights. Him vs Sam Eggington would be insane.

Hopefully they can get him in with someone like McGowan or Byfield on this card, Pigford vs Cutler for the Southern Area would be fun too. I get the feeling it’s probably just gonna be a tune up though.
            BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

I’m quite a big Pigford fan tbh. I’d never heard of the guy and then I was at a Warren show (Davis-Walsh I think) and he was on the undercard in an absolute tear up, so I made sure to follow his career from that fight onwards. He’s not very skilled but always in exciting fights. Him vs Sam Eggington would be insane.

Hopefully they can get him in with someone like McGowan or Byfield on this card, Pigford vs Cutler for the Southern Area would be fun too. I get the feeling it’s probably just gonna be a tune up though.
              mlac and I have been Pigford fans since that Aaron Morgan fight you are referencing, great tear up. We also pray at the farm altar of the Holy British Trinity at 154 of Pig, Egg and Cheese

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

mlac and I have been Pigford fans since that Aaron Morgan fight you are referencing, great tear up. We also pray at the farm altar of the Holy British Trinity at 154 of Pig, Egg and Cheese

fundora needs to become an honorary redcoat and join the party as well. outback zombie also welcome 1hourRun
                BigZ44 BigZ44 1hourRun 1hourRun like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

fundora needs to become an honorary redcoat and join the party as well. outback zombie also welcome 1hourRun
                  You guys can have Nikita.

Comment

Working...
                  X