Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor: To Fight In Ireland Would Be Something Very Special For Me, Hopefully Something That Can Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor: To Fight In Ireland Would Be Something Very Special For Me, Hopefully Something That Can Happen

NEW YORK - The irony in hailing Katie Taylor among the greatest athletes to ever come out of Ireland is the fact that she has yet to fight in her homeland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A rematch with Amanda would be a great homecoming. Both girls deserve it for the show they put on.
    Helion Helion Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Naw that fight would be better in las vegas, raiders owner mark davis wants it at the raiders stadium, all those girl power and hollywood types will attend for sure would sell at least 40 to 50k tickets and dazn ppv will be good for boxing, the first fight was amazing

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Naw that fight would be better in las vegas, raiders owner mark davis wants it at the raiders stadium, all those girl power and hollywood types will attend for sure would sell at least 40 to 50k tickets and dazn ppv will be good for boxing, the first fight was amazing
        For Katie and the Irish people it has to be in croke Park, besides no Vegas atmosphere will ever touch the atmosphere created on Irish soil..
        these 2 women deserve all thats coming to them
        SugarDeanC*ntly SugarDeanC*ntly likes this.

Comment

She fought Serrano in her hometown. It's only right that the rematch is in ireland

Comment

How is Serrano gonna get a fair shake in Ireland? .. When she couldn't even get one at home!
            hectari hectari likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
              How is Serrano gonna get a fair shake in Ireland? .. When she couldn't even get one at home!
              By having a round where a fighter beats the opponent pillar to post get scored a 10-8 round instead of a 10-9 round.

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post

For Katie and the Irish people it has to be in croke Park, besides no Vegas atmosphere will ever touch the atmosphere created on Irish soil..
                these 2 women deserve all thats coming to them
                Bro vegas is where all the history is, katie has been fighting in europe for her career, she can have a homecoming fight in Ireland against a mando.

plus serrano will have no shot even if she drops katie three times it would likely end in a draw. Vegas will also generate more money

the hype and the fight all the fairweather fans will tune in, the gambling money, plus the mainstream media that loves girl power will promote the rematch like crazy, fighting in ireland only benefits katie, but the life changing money for all involved is in las vegas.

Comment

I saw the fight as a shut out for Taylor, and I cannot understand how anybody could have given Serrano more than one round (and that round would have been a gift). Yes, Taylor did not get any knockdowns against Serrano; regardless, Taylor totally dominated that fight, and as far as I'm concerned, Serrano should feel lucky to have the opportunity for a rematch as nothing she did in that fight warrants a rematch. One other thing: before the fight began I thought the fighters were evenly matched, and I wasn't sure how it would go. Boy was I wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                    I saw the fight as a shut out for Taylor, and I cannot understand how anybody could have given Serrano more than one round (and that round would have been a gift). Yes, Taylor did not get any knockdowns against Serrano; regardless, Taylor totally dominated that fight, and as far as I'm concerned, Serrano should feel lucky to have the opportunity for a rematch as nothing she did in that fight warrants a rematch. One other thing: before the fight began I thought the fighters were evenly matched, and I wasn't sure how it would go. Boy was I wrong.
                    LOOOOOOOOOOOL. You are not allowed to comment ever again

Comment

Working...
                    X