Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Stevenson: F--- Being The Unified Champion; Those Fight Aren't Gonna Draw ****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum On Stevenson: F--- Being The Unified Champion; Those Fight Aren't Gonna Draw ****!

LAS VEGAS - Full title unification in the 130-pound division isn't nearly as important to Bob Arum as it is to Shakur Stevenson. Stevenson's 90-year-old promoter adamantly dismissed the possibility of Stevenson fighting WBA champ Roger Gutierrez or IBF champ Kenichi Ogawa next during a post-fight interview with BoxingScene.com on Saturday night at MGM Grand. Arum seemed open to Stevenson defending his WBC super featherweight and WBO junior lightweight titles in his next bout, but he wants the talented southpaw to face opponents with more commercial appeal.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Belts are for casuals & that's all they are.
    Today undesputed is legacy & the only true world champ bringing with it the money fight's, just look at Kambo.

I wish Bob would just go away. All he does is destroy the sport.

Comment

Here we go. Let’s make sure we always have access to this thread so when Shakur complains about TR the usual suspects don’t create a false narrative.

Bob delayed the Valdez fight. Now he’s trying to prevent the man from unifying the division, something that he helps some of his other boxers achieve.

I can see it now from the usual suspects- Shakur ducked Ogawa and Gutierrez and ran up to 135.

Comment

Bob is so negative. What if Shakur wants to unify for legacy? Shakur needs the chance because he sees himself as generational talent. Give him the opportunity to make a mark on boxing history. Doesn't matter that no one knows those dudes, that's what the press is for, to create hype out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Here we go. Let’s make sure we always have access to this thread so when Shakur complains about TR the usual suspects don’t create a false narrative.

Bob delayed the Valdez fight. Now he’s trying to prevent the man from unifying the division, something that he helps some of his other boxers achieve.

I can see it now from the usual suspects- Shakur ducked Ogawa and Gutierrez and ran up to 135.
          Exactly, people examining records with a bias will call it a duck. I have no idea how much race plays into but either way, Bob should support his fighter when he is so confident and ambitious.

Comment

damn unification fights do still mean something and shakur wouldnt mention them if he didnt fancy that chance, id hate bob as a promoter i think
            RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

It’ll be a great day when Bob retires from boxing.
              Mr.NiceGuy Mr.NiceGuy likes this.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Bob could help Loma unify but can't with Stevenson? Stevenson may want to look into switching promoters when his contract his up. The issue is, not many people are interested in his fighting style and regardless of what some will say, Stevenson isn't a huge draw.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post

Exactly, people examining records with a bias will call it a duck. I have no idea how much race plays into but either way, Bob should support his fighter when he is so confident and ambitious.
                  I understand the point about revenue. him saying this is terrible optics.

Gives credence to the things Floyd and Crawford have complained about.

Long term being a unified champ should increase his earning power. But Bob wants a short term in house fight with Conceicao.

SMDH

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X