Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Touts Taylor-Serrano as 'One of The Biggest Viewed Fights Ever on DAZN'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Touts Taylor-Serrano as 'One of The Biggest Viewed Fights Ever on DAZN'

Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano apparently broke more than just the glass ceiling in their title fight last Saturday. According to Eddie Hearn, the ballyhooed undisputed lightweight championship match between Ireland's Taylor and Brooklyn's Serrano at Madison Square Garden in New York City was a ratings success as well. Hearn, however, stopped short of providing actual numbers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn will never say it, but it must bother him that it took Jake Paul one fight to get Katie Taylor - who has absolutely no personality and a fighting style that isn’t exactly eye-catching - the $1 million purse and marquee fight that Hearn spent years BS-ing Taylor that he was working night and day to deliver for her. I really think that’s why Hearn took those graceless shots at Paul about his boxing career when they had that face-off session on DAZN - it kills Hearn that a novice promoter outdid him. Hearn should swallow his pride and give half the money from his DAZN deal to Jake Paul and form a partnership.
    Last edited by Roj; 05-02-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I’m calling bullsh** on that. There’s no way it done anywhere near the viewers Canelo, AJ, Garcia, etc did.

It was a huge fight by women’s boxing standards, but in the context of world boxing it wasn’t even the biggest fight on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I’m calling bullsh** on that. There’s no way it done anywhere near the viewers Canelo, AJ, Garcia, etc did.

It was a huge fight by women’s boxing standards, but in the context of world boxing it wasn’t even the biggest fight on the night.
        It sold the most tickets that night. It was the biggest fight if the night.
        Bronx23 Bronx23 likes this.

Comment

nah it was a huge fight by boxing standards period. They sold more tickets than AJ did in the same arena and were in the same range when canelo fought there. Not to mention, their crowd was significantly more energetic as well.

Comment

If this is a crowning achievement then dazn is really aiming low. However, perhaps young Edward has found his niche with dazn. Bird fights. They just may be his “global domination” and “American takeover” he bragged about several years back

Comment

Don't t talk about it be about it Eddie show the number of subscriptions for Taylor-Serrano you always speaking on other platforms ppv numbers you hear on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Scant View Post
                It sold the most tickets that night. It was the biggest fight if the night.
                Sold???

I guarantee Stevenson-Valdez easily doubled the viewership of Taylor-Serrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

If this is a crowning achievement then dazn is really aiming low. However, perhaps young Edward has found his niche with dazn. Bird fights. They just may be his “global domination” and “American takeover” he bragged about several years back
                  “When I said we’d takeover boxing, what I really meant was we’d takeover female boxing”.

Comment

Did it have the same viewers as the names you mentioned? Doubt it. Did they exceed everyone’s expectations by a long shot? Absolutely. The atmosphere in there was possibly the best I’ve seen in quite some time for any fight. It was undoubtedly a commercial success.

you also mentioned that Valdez-Shakur had more viewers, and I’m sure they did, but they also fought on cable tv (free) Can’t compare cable tv to DAZN subscribers. There’s possibly 1000x more cable subscribers. I’m sure per capita, all things being equal, DAZN was a bigger success commercially than ESPN on Saturday.
                    Sctrojan Sctrojan likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X