Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Withdraws From IBF Eliminator With Zhang Zhilei On Canelo-Bivol Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic Withdraws From IBF Eliminator With Zhang Zhilei On Canelo-Bivol Undercard

BoxingScene.com has learned that Filip Hrgovic has withdrawn from his 12-round heavyweight fight against Zhang Zhilei. Croatia's Hrgovic (14-0, 12 KOs) and China's Zhilei (23-0-1, 18 KOs) were scheduled to meet in an IBF elimination match Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena that would've determined the New Jersey-based sanctioning organization's mandatory challenger for the winner of the upcoming rematch between champion Oleksandr Usyk and former champ Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The only solid fight on the PPV.
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Rip to Hrgovic sr. My condolences and thoughts with Filip’s family

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        The only solid fight on the PPV.
        in terms of name and rankings yes, but imo giyasov vs gomez is a really good fight, silva vs espino is a competitive fight between two unbeaten prospects.
        Not sure yet how competitive Love Vs Valenzuela is going to bet, but its a good style matchup.

Comment

I understand Hrgovic grieving his father, but its been a month since he passed.

Waiting until the week of the fight to pull out is incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful to Zhilei.

Comment

Hrgovic best win is really Amir Mansour lol. He has a lot of work to do at heavyweight. His last two opponents weren’t even ranked in the top 100 so I don’t even know how he secured a title elimination fight.
            MikeMann0070 MikeMann0070 likes this.

Comment

I'd give him crap for anything else but losing a parent SUCKS so condolences to the guy
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Waiting until the week of the fight to pull out is incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful to Zhilei.
                Nah mate. Know what you're saying, but you can get delayed grief; especially from not taking time off at at the actual death event.

Know people who have had nervous breakdowns from not handling **** when it first went down.
                Keysandboxing Keysandboxing likes this.

Comment

Bummer but totally understandable given circumstances. It’s never easy losing a loved one

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

It's delayed grief:

What is delayed grief?

Delayed grief is just that: grief that you don’t fully experience until quite a while after your loss. Those who feel a delayed grief reaction often describe it as a devastating sadness that hits them out of the blue. It might arrive a few weeks or months after the funeral, or sometimes even years later.

So, why does this happen? Sometimes, the shock of a loss or a need to work through immediate practical problems leads us to, consciously or not, ‘hold off’ our grief. It then catches up with us later, sometimes triggered by another loss, or even something small and otherwise inconsequential.

Once it arrives, this delayed grief reaction is, in a way, to be welcomed. After all, it grants us the opportunity to work through our feelings and, in time, heal.

Comment

Working...
                    X