Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka vs. Agit Kabayel: EBU Set Purse Bid Deadline on May 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka vs. Agit Kabayel: EBU Set Purse Bid Deadline on May 16

French heavyweight Tony Yoka (11-0) is as of today (May 2) is the official challenger for the vacant EBU heavyweight title with German Agit Kabayel (21-0 boxrec / 23-2 all in all) in the other corner. The EBU has set the deadline for purse offers on May 16 at noon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kabayel at one point was co-promoted by Top Rank. I don’t even think they promoted one fight for him. He fought a few bouts in Europe. His career has stalled since beating Chisora. He did score decent wins over Rudenko & Kevin Johnson. He beat some Lazaridis guy & Rovcanin who are Euro journeymen . The Huck fight would have been a decent payday now he is back to waiting around. 4 fights in just over 4 years…
    Last edited by joe strong; 05-02-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

That is a good fight, I hope it happens. Kabayel has done nothing since Chisora fight. he was scheduled to fight Fury, but it didn`t happen because Wilder prevented it.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Kabayel at one point was co-promoted by Top Rank. I don’t even think they promoted one fight for him. He fought a few bouts in Europe. His career has stalled since beating Chisora. He did score decent wins over Rudenko & Kevin Johnson. He beat some Lazaridis guy & Rovcanin who are Euro journeymen . The Huck fight would have been a decent payday now he is back to waiting around. 4 fights in just over 4 years…
        The thing is who's lactually looking after Kabayel? Yoka appears to be scared stiff of fighting outside of France, so who ever it is could force Tony into not having hometown advantage for once & make a decent contest . The winner could make good money out of fighting boxers such as Hughie Fury, filip Hergovic or Ollo Wallin ECT!.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

The thing is who's lactually looking after Kabayel? Yoka appears to be scared stiff of fighting outside of France, so who ever it is could force Tony into not having hometown advantage for once & make a decent contest . The winner could make good money out of fighting boxers such as Hughie Fury, filip Hergovic or Ollo Wallin ECT!.......
          Yoka is a big draw in France & he was willing to fight Hrgovic but Bakole blocked it & gets his fight with Yoka on May 14. I would want to go to France because the pay would be pretty good if there was a purse bid. I have no idea who looks after Kabayel in Germany. He was co-promoted by Top Rank but no idea who he deals with in europe…
          Last edited by joe strong; 05-02-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Good fight, worthy of the European title, hope it happens

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              French heavyweight Tony Yoka (11-0) is as of today (May 2) is the official challenger for the vacant EBU heavyweight title with German Agit Kabayel (21-0 boxrec / 23-2 all in all) in the other corner. The EBU has set the deadline for purse offers on May 16 at noon.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              "23-2 all in all"
              How is that meant? I didn't find any defeats for Kabayel. Does anyone have any information about this? ty.

Comment

It's not a guarentee that yokas creme puff chin survives Bakole

Comment

Working...
                X