Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Feels Canelo Will Have "Too Much" For Dmitry Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Feels Canelo Will Have "Too Much" For Dmitry Bivol

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is backing Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to capture the WBA light heavyweight title, when he challenges undefeated world champion Dmitry Bivol. The fight takes place on Saturday night from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol. He has to say that.... if he wants Canelo payday for his own fighters.

Imagine... "I think Bivol beats Canelo.... but I still need a Canelo payday for my guys."

Comment

Nelo is too much for everyone between 160-175. Especially for PBC bums.

Comment

Even though Bivol is a 50-50 fight for Canelo and a tough assignment, he has been calculating in selecting him over Smith Jr, and Beterbiev.

Firstly Beterbiev. He's 37, just under 6'0", 185cm reach, and a 100% KO record with a similar amateur pedigree to Bivol. He has a slightly better resume than the others.

Secondly, Smith Jr. 32yrs, 6'0", 193cm reach, average skills but with a good chin and heart. He and Beterbiev are scheduled to fight in August.

That leaves Bivol. 31, 6'0", 183cm reach, hasn't scored a Ko since March 2018 and has seemed content to be a one belt wonder whilst taking on fighters just below his skill set.

Bivol is technically the most gifted of them all - we haven't seen him buzzed badly, but the one thing I think Canelo's team saw was the tight high guard which is a dream for a body puncher like Canelo.

Bivol has great conditioning, ring IQ, feints, and throws hard combinations, but he isn't the biggest LHW in terms of size. The two attractions for Canelo is the easy route to the body, and the fact he's only got a slight height and reach advantage, as well as not having scored a KO in over four years.

I'm sure if Canelo beats Bivol convincingly, he may opt to challenge the winner of Smith Jr and Beterbiev (which will surely be Beterbiev), and even if he loses he wins because people will say here's a guy who fought much of his career at 154.

Bivol will give Canelo fits for the first few rounds and will mark him up. He has a good defense, so Canelo will need to use every trick in the book.

Comment

bivil will win. bivil should be able to get one great win. But when you fighting a small man is it a great win?
          Last edited by hugh grant; 05-02-2022, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            bivil will win. bivil should be able to get one great win. But when you fighting a small man is it a great win?
            I see Canelo working him out for a few rounds then start landing between shots body and head combinations, Bivol is getting broken down by 9 and could be a late stoppage for Canelo,

Comment

Bivol is not the biggest puncher Alvarez has faced, Callum Smith most likely hits harder or with equal power 'Even at 168 pounds'.

But Bivol may be physically the strongest fighter Alvarez has ever faced, with the most endurance.

And those two attributes if utilized correctly, can be game changers in a fight.

Bivol's skill level is not very high, but it is respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                Even though Bivol is a 50-50 fight for Canelo and a tough assignment, he has been calculating in selecting him over Smith Jr, and Beterbiev.

Firstly Beterbiev. He's 37, just under 6'0", 185cm reach, and a 100% KO record with a similar amateur pedigree to Bivol. He has a slightly better resume than the others.

Secondly, Smith Jr. 32yrs, 6'0", 193cm reach, average skills but with a good chin and heart. He and Beterbiev are scheduled to fight in August.

That leaves Bivol. 31, 6'0", 183cm reach, hasn't scored a Ko since March 2018 and has seemed content to be a one belt wonder whilst taking on fighters just below his skill set.

Bivol is technically the most gifted of them all - we haven't seen him buzzed badly, but the one thing I think Canelo's team saw was the tight high guard which is a dream for a body puncher like Canelo.

Bivol has great conditioning, ring IQ, feints, and throws hard combinations, but he isn't the biggest LHW in terms of size. The two attractions for Canelo is the easy route to the body, and the fact he's only got a slight height and reach advantage, as well as not having scored a KO in over four years.

I'm sure if Canelo beats Bivol convincingly, he may opt to challenge the winner of Smith Jr and Beterbiev (which will surely be Beterbiev), and even if he loses he wins because people will say here's a guy who fought much of his career at 154.

Bivol will give Canelo fits for the first few rounds and will mark him up. He has a good defense, so Canelo will need to use every trick in the book.
                This is classical!

Comment

the clenelo cherry-pick program in full steam ahead. next up old and shot Golovkin in september and John Ryder in december. More like the Ho of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post

Good assessment.

Comment

Working...
                    X