Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: I Thought Katie Taylor Just Edged The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: I Thought Katie Taylor Just Edged The Fight

Eddie Hearn, promoter for Katie Taylor, believes his fighter just edged the toughest defense of her career. On Saturday night, at New York's Madison Square Garden, Taylor retained the undisputed lightweight crown when he overcame near disaster to win a ten round split decision over Amanda Serrano.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Serrano won the fight 6 rounds to 4 & the 5th could have been a 10-8 round but Amanda let her off the hook with not using her jab particularly to the body to stifle Katie's movement

Comment

Originally posted by JBsports.49 View Post
      I thought Serrano won the fight 6 rounds to 4 & the 5th could have been a 10-8 round but Amanda let her off the hook with not using her jab particularly to the body to stifle Katie's movement
      I could understand possibly giving a 10-8 score for the 5th round, but I don’t know how anyone could’ve given Serrano 6 rounds. Curious to know which rounds you gave Serrano.
      WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 likes this.

Comment

I said yesterday that I'm not a big fan of Katie Taylor but that in this fight she showed genuine heart and fighting spirit...so I'm ok with her getting the nod by a point. The only downside to the scoring of this fight is that Eddie Hearn has finally gotten someone back into the winners circle so we are going to have to listen to endless soundbites from him until at least July when AJ gets smashed again.

Comment

Seems to be mixed opinions on who won. We got people who never been in the ring acting like experts on scoring. Obviously we need a rematch. A woman’s fight hasn’t generated this much discussion in years so that’s a good thing for women's boxing.

Comment

The most $ would be this as a co main on jake paul card or staging in UAE for tax reasons as well

Comment

The Taylor's corner when the announced the scores and her as the winner were jumping up with joy and like they were relieved that they got the judges nod.

Comment

I picked Serrano to win and didn't score the fight, but I also didn't see Taylor win 7 rounds. Hell no. I also didn't see Serano win 7 or possibly 6. She stopped using a jab and going to the body. I wasn't watching with commentary until the 11th round(I don't watch fights anymore with commentary) and her brother in law just told her to "jump on her". Didn't see jab to the body, work your way inside and go to the body. It was sad

Comment

I am happy for both women especially if they made decent $$$$ other than that i am getting fed up with all the hyperbole!!!

Comment

I saw Katy running for her life the whole fight big robbery, and you are part of this corrupt sport!
                    Fighter78 Fighter78 MANNY67 MANNY67 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X