Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn, Paul Did Not Go Forward With $1 Million Bet on Taylor-Serrano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn, Paul Did Not Go Forward With $1 Million Bet on Taylor-Serrano

Eddie Hearn and Jake Paul did not move forward with their planned $1 million bet on the outcome of Saturday night's showdown between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nash is sick of these type of bets anyway. Just let the boxers take care of business, and even when boxers do these bets, like all or nothing for the winner crap, B.S. If Nash thought they could beat anyone, and bear in mind, Nash is an undefeated warrior with a proud 0-0 record, Nash would still not do those kind of bets out of principle. Not even if Nash was going head to head vs a talking dummy, no disrespect to the dummy, it would still have a punchers chance, but, it just comes across as a lack of class. Nash out.

Comment

In other words, Paul likes to do these macho press conference, gimmick bets, but when it comes down to real business, he can't do it. He's a publicity bully. One day a fighter will just not care, just smile during press conferences, be too nice on the mic, then be an animal in the ring and destroy Paul. I actually credit what he's been doing and learning, but his road will hit that first loss bump soon. Then we'll see how much he loves Boxing to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
        In other words, Paul likes to do these macho press conference, gimmick bets, but when it comes down to real business, he can't do it. He's a publicity bully. One day a fighter will just not care, just smile during press conferences, be too nice on the mic, then be an animal in the ring and destroy Paul. I actually credit what he's been doing and learning, but his road will hit that first loss bump soon. Then we'll see how much he loves Boxing to continue.
        In other words, you should start reading more than headlines!

Originally posted by Jake Paul
        He backed out of the bet yesterday and he said that legally he couldn't do it for some reason. Now I think we are going to try and figure that out behind the scenes to help charity, but obviously I lost the bet.
        tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

Oh right…..

Comment

A manager or an investor in the fighter should have no ethical problem betting on a fighter they already back.

A promoter, who is supposed to promote the fight and not an individual fighter, obviously has an ethical (and legal) problem if they are backing one fighter to win and the other to lose.

Both these clowns should have automatically known this all along, but boxing is so screwed up that they see it as some kind of legal fine point that they shouldn't want one of the fighters to lose before a punch has been thrown.

Comment

Eddie pulled out, not jake. Your lack of reading comprehension is staggering mate

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post

Eddie pulled out, not jake. Your lack of reading comprehension is staggering mate
                As much as I want to say "I didn't exactly say that Paul pulled out, just that he couldn't do it because it wasn't official"....I admittedly rushed to the comments section.

Comment

Eddie Hearn making it all about himself, I’m shocked, that’s so not like Eddie at all

Comment

As much as I want to say "I didn't exactly say that Paul pulled out, just that he couldn't do it because it wasn't official"....I admittedly rushed to the comments section.
                    I do it all the time in fairness. The comprehension part was un called for so for that I’m sorry.
                    Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X