Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: I'll Probably Get The Other Two Belts; Gotta Talk To My Team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: I'll Probably Get The Other Two Belts; Gotta Talk To My Team

LAS VEGAS - Shakur Stevenson isn't nearly as certain after defeating Oscar Valdez who he wants next as he was in the immediate aftermath of each of his two previous victories.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Roger Guite

Comment

Roger Gutierrez is with the PBC so that's out Ogawa is a nobody who brings nothing to the table but a belt & his brethren Tagoe stunk up the joint & ran like he stole something the whole fight so that's to fresh in people's memory to go that route again.

Comment

I could see Stevenson going all the way up to welterweight. He wouldn't be the biggest, but about the size of Mayweather.

To unify is nice, but those other two titleholders are not appealing matchups.

Loma, Haney, Davis and Ryan would be fantastic fights, before welterweight. Of course, all those fights wouldn't get made, perhaps two of them.

Very glad that Shakur now has gotten noticed and is among boxing's stars.
        P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I don't mind the full unification for legacy purposes but it needs to happen with the next 8-12 months at the most since the two last beltholders make for unappealing matchups.
          shza shza Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

I don’t mind the unification route but I don’t know why those other guys promoters would do it. Their guy would have a 100 percent chance of losing his belt and shaker is not yet a big enough star to make it financially worth it. If I was promoting the other two I would look to unify with the other and not Shakur.

Comment

If Stevenson ever gives Valdez a rematch it will be a different outcome. As olng as he gets a different team. The only reason Valdez lost is because he listend to his idiot trainer! Not a Valdez style but he must shoulder the blame as well. Valdez never adjusted. Never went back to what got him there. Just kept trying to push the square peg through the round hole. Stevenson is not impressive and Valdez had beaten much better. It's Reynoso that beat Valdez!

Comment

politics and BS will prevent that unfortunately

Comment

135 beckons.

Comment

Stevenson is HUGE for his weight class. You can see the stretch marks around his shoulders from years of weight fluctuation. And his overall structure is big. Espn asked him what he walks around at and he didn’t want to say.

If he can keep making weight without it affecting his performances he is going to be incredibly difficult to beat. Tremendous, elite level skills and legitimate size advantage over opponents.

i didn’t like the running at the end, I thought that was embarrassing. You’re a warrior and you’re an entertainer and you turn your back and start running around like a clown? Fight the whole dam round.
                    Tithefox Tithefox likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X